“Great mini getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Comfort in the Woods Cabins
Ranked #3 of 29 Specialty Lodging in Logan
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Had a great getaway; Kelly went out of her way for us. They are great hosts. Definitely would stay in their cabins again in the future. The cabin we had was extremely clean and furniture was comfortable. We had overnight snowfall and they had the drive plowed out early the next morning.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful time! We were celebrating his birthday and our 6 month wedding anniversary! The cabin was clean and cozy. Kelly and Mark even had the lights on for us and the hot tub running when we arrived, which was great since we arrived late on a Friday night. The one thing I would suggest that you bring is a map of the area. Since we had no cellphone service throughout most of the park, a map of the area would have been helpful, although everything is well-marked. Our stay was so great, I even recommended the park and Comfort in the Woods to my parents, who travel through Ohio yearly.

Room Tip: Service was a 4 out 5 only because there were no toiletries provided and one becomes accustomed to n...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was the first time my family has taken a weekend getaway and it was just what we needed. The cabin is simple and beautiful. A close drive to the trails, but not too close to other cabins. It felt very secluded. The only drawback was the fact that you can hear everything that happens in the cabin, so since my boys wake up at the crack of dawn, that meant my husband and I were up then too! ;-) We all very much enjoyed the hot tub too!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and I spent the weekend here and loved it. The management of the cabin was very kind and kept in great communication before we arrived, to assist with whatever we needed. We loved the seclusion and the awesome hot tub. We were just a short drive from Old Man's cave, Cedar Falls, etc. We would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting a relaxing weekend away!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I was looking for a romantic getaway to celebrate her Birthday and it was definitely that; quiet, beautiful surroundings and very secluded. In fact - we had a little trouble finding it

It had the perfect combination of newer accommodations but with a rustic look. Very nice bathroom and very comfortable hot tub!

Kelly and Mark were very helpful all along the way from directions to giving us dining recommendations. Would definitely come back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed Sept 27-30 for our wedding anniversary. This was our second time to Hocking. Comfort four was a great cabin close to everything Hocking has to offer. We would stay here again. We saw deer from the deck while soaking in the hot tub and really enjoyed having a fire.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband, 15 month old son, 2 dogs and I stayed in Comfort 3 for an extended weekend. Very cute cabin! The fishing pond is very small though. My husband didn't think it was worth getting out his poles and whatnot to fish in it. Maybe if our son was older and wanted to fish with him, it would have been worth it. Also, the loft is much smaller than expected. It barely fit our son's pack n play. We wish the ceiling would have been just a little higher so he could comfortably sleep there. It's a very family friendly cabin, but not really a toddler friendly property. We were hoping he could roam around a little more without having us hover over him. We still loved the cabin and had a very fun time but wish we would have known some of these things beforehand. Also, if it rains in the middle of the night, be prepared to think you're being under attack. The roof is metal so it was a very loud shock at midnight!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Logan
Holiday Inn Express Logan
#2 of 10 in Athens
Hampton Inn Lancaster
Hampton Inn Lancaster
#1 of 5 in Lancaster

Been to Comfort in the Woods Cabins? Share your experiences!