“So good we kept going back our whole honeymoon”

The Olde Dutch Restaurant & Banquet Haus
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Logan
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet
Description: Located in the scenic Hocking Hills just off the SR 664 exit of U.S. 33, we offer Amish-inspired meals, daily buffet and desserts, all reasonably priced in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere. We offer banquet rooms (for up to 300) for special events, such as wedding receptions. There's also take-out and catering services. We host a weekly historical society flea market outside (May through October). A new feature is "Music at the Dutch" in which we provide live music from a variety of genres. Our gift shop has a wide range of merchandise and there's a petting zoo just outside. You'll find us in Rempel's Grove by Baymont Inn & Suites, Hocking Hills Canoe Livery, 18-hole miniature golf, antique mall, glass factory outlet, bulk food and deli store and ice cream shop. Walmart and other shops are across the road; from the welcome center we're just 0.5 miles away. We have parking for buses and RVs.
Reviewed April 21, 2011

First of all, you cannot beat $5 or $6 for a buffet, but you wouldn't expect it to be this good! Everything was delicious and there are so many tasty things to choose from. You can't go wrong even if you would fix your plate blindly. The staff was so nice and I think my husband and I ate here 4 or 5 times on our week-long honeymoon. My favorite was there stewed tomatoes...yummm!!!

2  Thank honestevaluations
There are newer reviews for The Olde Dutch Restaurant & Banquet Haus

Reviewed April 5, 2011

From the name and advertisements that we had seen, we were really looking forward to a dinner of authentic Amish food in an authentic Amish atmosphere. We were there at 6:30pm on a Saturday evening. There was hardly anyone else in the restaurant, which should have been a clue as to the quality of the food, I suppose, as most places at that time of evening on a Saturday you usually have to wait in line. The food was sub-standard, and tasted like prepackaged, definitely NOT homemade. We chose to get the buffet, but you could order off a menu. Also, due to the lack of patronage, the food on the buffet wasn't fresh. If the quality is that low on a Saturday night, I can't imagine wat it would be like at other times.

4  Thank dgsdks
Reviewed October 9, 2010

If your idea of good is broasted chicken and lousy 'sides from a can' this one if for you. Suggest you cross the freeway and go to the Mexican or Barbecue places, much better food.

6  Thank keith n
Reviewed September 5, 2010

We enjoyed the Sunday buffet with friends, but I'm used to more selections for the price. The food was good, but if we were to return, I'd probably just order off the menu.

2  Thank RetiredTravelerTN
Reviewed August 10, 2010

The food was pretty average buffet food and if you ordered off the menu, you just received the same buffet food. All the food appeared to be standard cafeteria grade offerings and I would agree with one of the other reviewers that indicated most things came from a can. I had turkey and mashed potatoes (the turkey was pressed meat that had been soaking in water and the mashed potatoes did not taste real). My wife had chicken and noodles and the noodles were soggy and the chicken was hard to find and pressed meat as well. Overall, it was an average place with food that was far from homemade.

2  Thank WanderingSoal