“Peace and quiet at it's best!”
Review of Old Man's Haven

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Old Man's Haven
Ranked #15 of 29 Specialty Lodging in Logan
Reviewed June 27, 2011

My husband and I stayed in cabin #4 for three nights. It was perfect. Very clean. The owners live across the way on the property. (You can't see them.) Which made it nice because they kept up with the day to day needs. I would recommend getting the traveling cheif and in cabin massage. Also, if you plan on using the hot tub bring your own towels.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank beachgirl26003

Reviewed January 12, 2011

We stayed in Cabin #1 at Old Man's Haven a few months ago and absolutely LOVED it! We are already planning a second trip back already. It is obvious that the owner's take great pride in their cabin and they should, it is absolutely beautiful and a wonderful place to spend time at. Our entire cabin and hot tub was clean and we had no problems during our two night stay! The kitchen had great supplies and we cooked each night we were there, all of the appliances are up to date. The cabin is secluded from all grocery stores and people but that is a positive when you are looking to get away from ordinary life! I recommend any of the cabins from Old Mans Haven rental service because although we loved cabin #1, we walked around at looked at the other options and each one looked wonderful!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2010

My husband and I have stayed in cabin #1 every year for the past 4 years. We love the area, the cabin is clean, quiet and secluded.. We have visited in the early spring, late summer and early fall and have never been disappointed! Note: if you love to cook as we do, I suggest you bring some of your own things along. The kitchen is very well stocked but lacks quality cuttlery and skillets.. We love it and cannot wait to go back this fall!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tjtappan
Reviewed June 22, 2010

My husband and I stayed in cabin #1 and absolutely loved it. We have stayed in other cabins in Hocking Hills but this is by far the best one! We will definitely return to Old Man's Haven. Everything you could ask for and more. The cabin was decorated so nicely and was the cleanest! The location is very close to local attractions and the cabin is very private.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank b56coffey
Reviewed May 24, 2010

My husband, daughter and I recently stayed in a Cabin at Old Man's Haven. The cabin was nice with a large front porch that overlooked the beautiful grounds. The pond was great for fishing. The inside of the cabin was nice. However, the bedroom and loft were only ok. The bedroom only had a double bed which was too short for my husband (he's not that tall at 6'). The bed linens also smelled very musty and sour. The loft had a better queen sized bed, but the sheets also stunk like they had been left in the washer too long. The rest of the cabin was clean, including the bathroom. I would recommend staying at Old Man's Haven, but suggest bringing your own linens. Also, the owner stops in to clean the hot tub, but doesn't ask if you need more supplies. Make sure you request extra garabage bags, etc., as we ran out :) Also note that they allow people to smoke in the cabins, which could be a turn off for some.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank columbustravel1
Reviewed May 18, 2010

My mom and I stayed in Cabin 2. I've stayed in a few cabins in my life and this is one of the nicest, by far. You can't see any of the other cabins (which is way more than you'll get from some of those bigger local companies, like the Chalets which are on TOP of each other practically). It's totally tucked into the trees and all you might hear are dogs barking at the neighbors cabins, which was not much of a bother. The folks who run it are very nice. The cabin is well-stocked and clean. Some of the towels could be renewed with new ones, but definitely were laundered. The hot tob is heavenly and clean and having two porches is awesome! The ONLY thing that really bothered me was that the loft bed was hard as a rock and I woke up sore as heck. Overall, though, I would definitely go back!

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed February 11, 2010

It was nice at first but if you lose power beware. They will not refund your money and expect you to bail water from the hot tub to flush the toilet. No way to brush or wash up and no heat. The fireplace is good and well but does not heat the bedroom. So as long as everything is up and up no problem but beware and and be prepared to get screwed if the power goes out!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple