“Beyond expectations”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Old Man's Cave Chalets
Ranked #1 of 28 Specialty Lodging in Logan
Akron, Ohio
“Beyond expectations”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

My husband and came to Hocking Hills so I could celebrate my 50th birthday. It gave us some time to unwind, relax and spend some quality time together. Our children two daughters are now young adults. Now we are able to spend the rest of our life together doing some things together as a couple and not parents. Our visit to Hocking Hills was just like it was when we first started dating. 25 years or marriage and counting.

• Stayed April 2014
OldMansCaveChalets, Manager at Old Man's Cave Chalets, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We are grateful that you chose us for your birthday getaway. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Detroit, MI
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We just got back from staying at Old Man's Cave Chalets for two nights. We had an A-Frame cabin, it was actually a little larger than expected, with a nice size queen bedroom on the main floor and queen bed in the loft, very clean! The kitchenette was perfect for the meals we prepared (very well equipped) bathroom was a very nice size, and the deck is a relaxing place to sit and relax listening to the birds. Hot tub is very clean, there are a lot of rules regarding it but I don't blame them because it helps maintain it, keeping it nice for everyone. You can hear your neighbors but fortunately, ours were low key like us so it was nice and quiet. We were planning on eating out our second night but with Old Man's Cave trails being so busy and so few restaurants in the area, we decided to stay at the cabin, enjoying the serene setting.

Room Tip: There is a small charcoal grill, we didn't have room to bring our own charcoal, it's kind of...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank gypsi100
OldMansCaveChalets, Manager at Old Man's Cave Chalets, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Old Man's Cave Chalets. We appreciate your kind words and want you to know that we strive to provide you the finest accommodations in the Hocking Hills.

Thank you for your booking and we hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Webstayed at Hawk's Peak and it was beautiful! The full kitchen was nice to have when Ohio's weather wasn't cooperative with our grilling out schedule. The cabin was spacious and felt like home and being surrounded by trees made for a nice getaway from technology and the hustle and bustle of everyday life. I would definitely recommend

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank angee24
OldMansCaveChalets, Manager at Old Man's Cave Chalets, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Hawk's Peak. Hawk's Peak is truly a favorite among many of our guests. We appreciate your booking and hope you will return again in the near future. Again thank you.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Some family and friends stayed at Fireside Lodge on the weekend of May 3. Everything from the get go is top notch at Old Man's Cave Chalets. They have an awesome lobby for check-in. This is a big plus for me because previous stays in the hocking hills require a tedious run around for keys/entry. My family really likes to cook and their kitchen is fully equipped with all utensils and grilling supplies (Even 2 coffee pots!!!). We took full advantage of their Bluetooth sound bar, Jacuzzi, pool table, and arcade Pac man!! The lodge is right next to Wayne National Forest which was fun for finding morel mushrooms. Literally you are right down the street from Old Man's Cave, maybe a 5 min drive. I’m not the biggest fan of hiking but when my girlfriend has an opportunity for face book worthy couple’s photos we take it ;) Old Man's Cave Chalets absolutely will earn my repeat business. I’m not easy to please when it comes to my comforts of living, but these guys make it look easy.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Grant P
Wow! We are so pleased with this wonderful review about your stay in the Fireside Lodge. We hope all of our future guests enjoy their stay at the Fireside Lodge as much as you and your friends did. We would love to have you back again in the near future.

Again, thank you.

Athens, Ohio
Reviewed May 5, 2014

This past weekend I stayed at Oak Ridge with a group of friends. The cabin was stocked with everything we needed (pots, pans, dish soap, laundry detergent, etc.) and the washer and dryer was a great addition for our wet swim suits and towels. The hot tub, beautiful location, and extremely clean and comfortable cabin made for a great vacation at a very reasonable price. I would highly recommend booking with Old Man's Cave Chalets and I'm looking forward to booking with them again in the near future.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Natalie627
OldMansCaveChalets, Manager at Old Man's Cave Chalets, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay in the Oak Ridge Cabin. We strive to provide you the finest accommodations in the Hocking Hills and a level of customer service to keep you coming back!

We appreciate your kind words and hope to see you again the near future.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Staying at Oakridge Cabin was a great way to relax with friends for a well needed vacation. The cabin is secluded which makes for the perfect getaway and the hot tub was an excellent addition :) I highly recommend this cabin for anyone who is looking for a relaxing weekend in the hills.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Kellibarto7
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Oak Ridge. We are pleased that you had a pleasant stay with your friends. We hope you will return again in the near future.

California Desert, California
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stayed in the cabin dubbed Deer Run with our son over Christmas, 2011; the only issue we had was water settling in the bottom of the dishwasher. Maintenance came out and bailed the water out. The man said we could still use it, so no problem. We had a wonderful stay.
Our son lives in the area and when he told us that he was getting married, there was no doubt about where we would stay. My husband is a truck driver and it took us a little while to figure out exactly what days we would be staying; by that time, everything was booked except for a few of the A-frames. I booked #12, as it is pet friendly, and we always have our dog with us.
We arrived on March 20; the cabin was clean, but dated and worn, not worth the rate we were paying. We were settling in when I realized that there was no washer and dryer; the website claimed there was one. I called the front desk and was told “none of the A-frames has a washer and dryer.” Now, the girl was polite, but how exactly would someone know this when the website claims they do? The customer service manager called me later and honestly tried to make us happy. She told me that their website had just been updated. I was willing to acknowledge that the misunderstanding could easily be a glitch. She gave us a gift certificate to a local restaurant and the matter was closed. I was still not happy, as now we would have to find somewhere else to do laundry instead of relaxing in our cabin while doing it; and we hadn’t had a day off since before Christmas! Still, there was nothing else the manager could do, so I let it lie.
The next day went along without a hitch, except that the mini-fridge froze EVERYTHING in it; not really a big deal, but I can't cook frozen eggs! Anyway, Saturday the 22nd arrived and we went to our son’s wedding. It could not have been more lovely. Later that evening, our son and his new bride came to visit us. We went to get into the hot tub, and the water was an odd color and smelled bad. We thought once we put the jets on, it would be okay, so we climbed in. My husband turned on the jets, and it filled with bubbles!!! So, no hot tub. This was our last night there and we weren’t going to have our last bit of time with our son and our new daughter ruined by dealing with maintenance so they could mess with a hot tub that we weren’t going to be able to use no matter what they did.
Oh, I forgot about the raccoons!! There is a page in the book in the cabin saying that trash is picked up daily; just leave it in the can outside, and someone will pick it up. We did this Friday morning, and went about our business. Saturday morning, my husband took the trash out and there was trash all over around the little porch, the lid was off the trash can, and our trash from Friday morning was still in it. He cleaned up the mess, and we went to the wedding. Saturday night we heard a noise outside. I opened the door to find a raccoon on the porch, trash can lid in hand, looking at me as if I had just rudely interrupted him. My husband and son spent the next few hours chasing them off!
We left on Sunday morning and I relayed all of this, very politely, to both the girl at the counter and the customer service manager. The manager had the nerve to tell me that I should have called emergency maintenance! Really?? Your people don’t empty the trash daily, and obviously didn’t check the hot tub daily either, and she had the nerve to tell me what I should have done! She assured me that she would look into it and call me later that day, or Monday at the latest and gave me her card. I never heard from her.
Needless to say, we will NEVER stay at Old Man’s Cave Chalets again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Amy P
There was an error on our website which stated Chalet #12 had a washer and dryer. Unfortunately, all of our cabins were booked during the time of your stay or I would have gladly upgraded you to a different cabin.

It is true there was a page in the journal book stating the trash would be picked up. I am sorry that it was NOT and I have spoken to the Maintenance Supervisor regarding the trash and the hot tub.

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and on that note I am sending you a gift certificate for a one night stay the next time you are in the Hocking Hills.

Customer Service Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Logan
Holiday Inn Express Logan
Baymont Inn & Suites Logan
Ohio University Inn & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Lancaster
Hampton Inn Lancaster
#1 of 5 in Lancaster
Fairfield Inn & Suites Athens
Baymont Inn & Suites Athens

Been to Old Man's Cave Chalets? Share your experiences!