“Amazingly Beautiful!!”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Amazingly Beautiful!!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The Hocking Hills region is just beautiful beyond words (which is 1 reason I moved down here from Cleveland (which is great, too). It is the unglaciated (not scraped away by the ancient glacier) region of Ohio so it retains a lot of it's original landscape & beauty, plus species that rode the glacier down from Canada. Old Man's Cave is usually the most crowded, though they can all be loaded with people on any given nice day. Cedar Falls is gorgeous & if you've got the stamina I recommend the hike from Cedar Falls to Ash Cave (Ohio's largest recess cave). Rock House is also a very cool place, though a little farther away from the others. If you're not afraid of heights, Conkle's Hollow offers some amazing views. All are worth seeing!

Visited October 2012
3 Thank BtrflyBlueStar

• Hebrew first
Lexington, Kentucky
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Excellent Place to Relax”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have been there once during Summers. It is really nice place to visit near Columbus in the state of Ohio. Road drive to this state park is awesome!!! Trekking, Water Falls & Environment is a marvel. Definitely a must visit.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Aman7151
small town, Indiana
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“always amazing”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

It had been years since I was here last. The beauty of this place is humbling. I had never been here during a winter month. The ice made it difficult at times to navigate but it was so worth it. We were practically alone here on a cold Monday in January. We packed our lunch and headed out on the long trail. I am so glad we went this winter and I believe I enjoyed it even more than our summer visits in the past.

Visited January 2013
Ft Wayne, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great long weekend mini vacation”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Spent 4 days hiking the area in early October 2012. My husband and I travel all over the world several times a year to hike, camp, and scuba dive, and found the scenery in this area as beautiful as anywhere else we have ever been! The area is known for its waterfalls and streams in the spring (which were dried up in October), so we plan on returning then. Autumn obviously has its own appeal. I would rate Ash Cave (postcard perfect), Old Man's Cave (awe inspiring) and Conkle's Hollow (looks exactly like rainforests in Hawaii) as 5 star attractions. The only reason I gave it 4 stars overall is the hikes are too easy, which might actually be a plus for many people. Be aware that there are very few restaurants in the area, but if you aren't on a restricted diet, it shouldn't be a problem.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank DaniPay
Columbus, OH
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Old Man's Cave”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

It was our first time during the winter and well worth it! It wasn't very crowded and the ice and waterfalls were beautiful.

Visited January 2013