“relaxing, nice getaway”
Review of Blue Rose Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Ranked #15 of 30 Specialty Lodging in Logan
Reviewed May 12, 2014

we choose to stay here as it is pet friendly. we were very happy with our cabin, hot tub was nice to have after hiking in the state park, fire pit was good for cooking over, grill outside made it easy to cook and not to have to worry about finding decent food. we heard almost no noise while staying here, your cabin neighbors are far enough away that it feels private. if we came back to this area would stay again. the road to cabin is steep, but managable without snow. if you forget anything you can head to local walmart, dollar tree and even goodwill as kitchen supplies to cook with can be limited but very basic cookware is provided.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura P
bluerosecabins, Owner at Blue Rose Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at Blue Rose Cabins and we thank you for your positive review. We would love to have you come and stay with us again on your next trip to Hocking Hills.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Great location.Easy access.Lovey views.Secluded.Great rates.Will do one night stays.Doggie friendly.Clean.Love this place....!!!!! right off of the main route through the Hocking Park. Between Logan and Old Man's Cave.Safe.Affordable.Fire ring (usually w/free wood).A/C and heat.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our cabin and enjoyed your stay. Thank you for posting your review about your stay. We would love to have you stay with us again on your next trip to Hocking Hills.

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

My daughter, dog and I went for a girls overnight. The Rosebud Cabin was clean and beautiful. Perfect cabin for two plus pet. Nice fireplace, hot tub, kitchen, bed etc... We were thrilled! Kim made sure we had just the right place for us. Easy to get to, I have been telling everyone. Saving to go back. Thanks Blue Rose!

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank KimberlyLuck

Kimberly:

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Rosebud Cabin. We thank you also for taking the time to post a review. We strive to keep our cabins clean and well maintained for our guest.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

This has turned in to an annual event for the girls -we come from different areas in Ohio and meet up at the cabin --It is wonderful. Kim is always pleasant when making reservations and we always have a wonderful time. Cabin has kitchen so we don't even have to leave. The hot tub is wonderful. My husband and I also have stayed there and also have a great time. Hocking Hills is a beautiful area! --good antiquing too!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Cindy M
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This was my wife and my first visit to the Hocking Hills area and we wanted to stay in a cabin instead of a hotel. It was our first time staying in a cabin. I found Blue Rose Cabins online and despite some of the really negative reviews I see on this website, I booked us two nights in the Rosebud Cabin. We had a great weekend there. It was what I expected it to be, a rustic, slightly worn, log cabin in the middle of the woods. While it showed its age and use, our cabin, the floors, the countertops, the stove, refrigerator, furniture, decks, and hot tub were all clean and in good working order. The hot tub was very clean and was at a perfect temperature upon our arrival. Privacy was not a concern for us, because we never actually saw any other guests near our cabin other than in their cars a good distance away on the main driveway. Based on some of the previous reviews, we brought our own cooking and serving pieces, but from what I saw in the kitchen cabinets their supply seemed to be fairly complete and in decent condition. While the bed was not as comfortable as ours at home, after hiking during the day, I had not problems sleeping. The quiet and privacy could not be beat. We arrived, stayed two days, and left, and did not have to speak with anyone. Our only suggestion for improvement would be to include a small cafe table and two kitchen chairs. That would be be better than eating meals at the countertop. We would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to others. Just do not expect hotel amenities and conditions. It is a cabin in the woods.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rayjay80
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed in one of the small 2-person cabins (Cupids Cabin) and it was dank, dirty, and just overall unpleasant. There are a lot of really nice cabins to stay at in the Hocking Hills area, but this is not one of them. We stayed on a weekend in October and it was just over $400 for 2 nights, which is an absolutely INSANE price for this cabin. We knew it was small, but the lack of a dinner table made things difficult. They do have a folding card table under the bed. It wasn’t until the morning, when we pulled it out, that we started to realize just how dirty this place was. There were dust balls under the bed that stuck to the top of the table as well as a lot of dirt – it looked like it hadn’t been cleaned in months. The plastic flower decorations around the room, as well as parts of the walls, were caked with dust. The rug used as a bathmat for the shower was stained and damp, which also brought our attention to the moldy caulk around the shower that you can see while laying in bed. Speaking of the bed, it is extremely uncomfortable – not too soft or too hard (those are personal preferences), but sagging in the middle and just obviously very cheap and rickety. There was only one regular pillow with a pillow case for 2 people (there were other decorative pillows with shams). We lifted a couch cushion and there were crumbs and dirt all over, the coffee maker was completely filthy and unusable; the whole place was just gross. Part of that gross feeling is because it always seemed damp and musty (maybe partially because the shower is in the room and has no ventilation?). The problem is, you can’t even open the one (very dirty) window to air it out because it has no screen and the place will fill with bugs. Another issue is that even though you are pretty far from the other cabins, it feels like you don’t have privacy at night because the only curtain covering the sliding glass door (that the bed half covers) is sheer black. So if you have any light on at night, people can see in. The deck isn’t even nice – there are just 2 cheap molded plastic chairs (one of which was cracked) and a dirty plastic molded table. Everything from the linens and towels to the fixtures to the kitchen items and appliances are the absolute cheapest money can buy. The only positive item is the nice fire pit by the back deck, where we spent most of our time there. If it were only $75 a night, I wouldn’t be so angry (though that’s still no excuse for the filth), but I can’t believe we paid $400 for 2 nights. I’m sure the management will comment and defend themselves and say that we’re exaggerating (because their business depends on it), but learn from my mistake - look into the other very nice cabins in the area and skip the Blue Rose.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank StewSw
bluerosecabins, Owner at Blue Rose Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at the Cupids Cabin. We send a confirmation email to all of our guest that tells the guest to check out their cabin upon arrival and call us from our public phone if there is anything that the guest are not happy with and we will send our cleaning staff out to first verify the guest claims and then fix/clean anything the guest would like us to clean/fix on the spot. This guest did not call us during their stay, this is the first we have heard from this guest. I am not discounting the guest complaints, just saying we were not given the chance to verify/address any of their complaints during their stay. We will check into the issues the guest brought and fix/replace as necessary. We have pictures of the inside and outside of all of our cabins on our website. I believe our rates are competitive with other cabin businesses in Hocking Hills, if are rates are outrageous then we wouldn't get as many bookings as we get, and we would lower our rates. I disagree with this reviewer stating the Cupids Cabin is dank and dirty. This Cupids Cabin is 7 years old and all of our cabins are cleaned after every stay. The majority of our reviews are either excellent or good and we were awarded the Certificate of Excellence for 2013 from Trip Advisor. We are not perfect by any means but we do take pride in our cabins and strive to provide a clean cabin for our guest and make our guest happy.

Thanks!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I never post reviews but i feel like i have to seeing how many bad reviews i've read since before i went to Blue Rose Cabins. I surprised my boyfriend with a one night weekend stay for our anniversary this past weekend and absolutely loved it. We stayed in the Love Birds cabin since it was only the two of us and i will definately be coming back. It was cleaner than any hotel i've ever stayed at and had everything we needed. I have already recommended a ton of my friends to stay here. Thank you to Blue Rose cabins for the perfect gataway and I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marrissa K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Logan
Holiday Inn Express Logan
#1 of 3 in New Plymouth
Hocking Hills Inn
Hocking Hills Inn
#27 of 30 in Logan

Been to Blue Rose Cabins? Share your experiences!