“Cupids cabin”
Review of Blue Rose Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Ranked #11 of 27 Specialty Lodging in Logan
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Cupids cabin”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed one night in the Cupids Cabin. Cabin was very clean. So was hot tub. Bed was extremely uncomfortable....saggy, creaky. Glad I was only there one night because I felt like I didn't sleep at all. Fully equipped kitchen could use just a couple more things and it would be great, i.e., a big bowl and a casserole dish. Very quiet and secluded. We could see two neighboring cabins but they were not that close. We used both the grill and the fire pit and had no problems with either.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
bluerosecabins, Owner at Blue Rose Cabins, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Cupids Cabin Guest:

Thank you for writing your review and we really appreciate your feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We will check out the mattress and see if the mattress is broken or needs replaced and we will replace it if necessary. We are sorry that the mattress was not comfortable for you. Again we appreciate your feedback and hope you come and stay with us again.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Lancaster, Ohio
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Just wanted to share what a great time we all had down at your cabins!! A group of my friends and I just had to get away for a day or two but not be so far from our families!! I thought we would give it a try!! We all had a great time!! The cabin was nice....I did sweep of the deck (way to many leaves). Inside was great! Very roomy...although we were outside most of the time! Enjoyed the scenery and peace and quiet! We are now planning our 2nd annual trip down and actually need a bigger cabin to fit us all in.... the world got out and many more want to join us!! Thanks for a wonderful weekend!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Marisa:

We really appreciate your feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay. We would love to have your group come stay with us again sometime. We actually have 15 cabins now with cabins that sleep up to 10, so we can accommodate groups of any size. Thanks again for your feedback and we really appreciate it.

Hilliard, Ohio, United States
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We have now been coming to Blue Rose cabins for 4 years and have stayed at least ten separate times. We have stayed in the Oleander, Pine Ridge, Big Woody, Rosebud, and Sweet Dreams. We have always had a great experience. The cabins are always clean and well stocked with kitchen supplies. My husband and I even stayed last summer when the big storms hit (as referenced in previous reviews). Management called us before the stay to let us know the power was out and that we could reschedule another time. We chose to brave it out, and power was restored the second day. The hills are steep, but we have never had a problem getting around in our minivan.(although we have never stayed during snow and ice) Kim is always very friendly. When our hot tub was losing heat, a repairman had the tub fixed in an hour and a half after we called Kim. That was the only incident we have ever had, and it was promptly attended to. The location in the woods is great, and you are less than 10 minutes away from the trails and town (for restaurants and Walmart). We absolutely LOVE this place, and even look forward to it more than our time at the beach every summer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Vevay, Indiana, United States
Reviewed July 20, 2013

First let me say that the cabin itself was clean and nice but we were told if there was a problem to call and report it and they would fix it well I called to inform them that the bed was terrible....when you pay for a vacation rental you expect to be able to sleep in the bed but NOT this bed...we spent 3 sleepless nights...not our definition of a restful vacation.I was told that nothing could be done about the bed until 3 reports had been made on it and she didn't even know how many reports had been made...not real helpfully....then that evening when we got back to the cabin the lady who brought the clean towels left us a note saying she had inspected the bed and it looked fine to her....sure it looked fine but try to lay and sleep on it....I ended up curling up on the love seat which it's fortunate I am a short woman while my husband rolled in the bed trying to get comfortable...we won't be renting from them again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
bluerosecabins, Owner at Blue Rose Cabins, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
We regret to hear that the bed was not comfortable for you. Complaints on beds or pillows are tricky due to the fact that some guest prefer firm mattresses and some guest prefer softer mattresses, we have had both firm and soft mattresses in our cabins and we have gotten some complaints in either situation. This is the reason that our Reservation Specialist, Kim, told you that we track complaints due to mattresses and pillows to help determine if a mattress is ready to be replaced. The reason why Kim didn't know how many complaints we have had on this mattress is because we have had very few and infrequent complaints about any of our mattresses. I have determined that the mattress in the cabin you stayed in is due to be replaced and we are working on replacing this mattress.

Jefferson, Ohio, United States
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My fiance and I just spent this past weekend (12 and 13 of July) in the Overlook Cabin at Blue Rose Cabins. We had an amazing time. I was very pleased when we arrived to the cabin, and I am a huge neat freak with slight OCD, so it is extremely hard for me to believe the negative posts about the cleanliness of the establishment. Everything in our cabin was nice and clean and there was nothing that we needed that wasn't provided (pots, pans, dishes, silverware, towels, soap, etc.) Not only was the cabin clean and cozy but the surroundings were beautiful. I enjoyed waking up in the morning and sitting on the back deck with my coffee while listening to the birds and enjoying the early morning sunshine. Though we could see two other cabins from our back deck, they were distant enough to where we were able to remain secluded and not have to interact with any other guests. We also made use of both the hot tub and grill and thoroughly enjoyed both of them and contrary to other posts I read, there was not a single thing wrong with either of them. We had an absolutely amazing time and the only suggestions that I can offer to Blue Rose Cabins is to maybe provide a few candles for the back deck for while guests are in the hot tub and perhaps a slightly bigger flat-screen. We would definitely stay there again and I highly suggest it; for $130 I could not ask for more, it was an amazing time!

Room Tip: I highly suggest Overlook cabin!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hannah J
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Blue Rose Cabins (Orleander Cabin)

There was so many things wrong with this place (Orleander Cabin at Blue Rosé Cabins), I'm not really sure where to begin. Let me just start by saying FILTHY!!! We have never seen such disgusting, dirty floors in our lives. Upon first entering the cabin, our feet were black within minutes (they even smelled like poop). We immediately went to the local grocery store to purchase a mop, Pinesol and a bucket. We used the entire bottle of Pinesol and still the floors weren't clean. The remainder of our stay both myself and my two small children wore socks because it was so disgusting.
The porch was filthy with broken chairs, the covers on the chairs should've been replaced years ago. DON'T USE THE PROPANE GRILL UNLESS YOU WANT TO START A MAJOR FIRE!!! It's never been cleaned and there is so much grease built up it is an inferno waiting to happen.
There are no fitted sheets on the beds, they are using flat sheets instead. Also no mattress pads whatsoever. Light bulbs were burnt out everywhere and our run to the grocery store required purchasing some. All the pots and pans and coffee pot desperately need to be replaced ( that is for what pots and pans were even a available).
The bathroom was disgusting. It was dirty and the floor before you stepped in the shower was broken. The shower is very small and the shower curtain hooks were broken as well. The water trickled out and the hot and cold knob barely worked.
The pull out sofa in the living room was broken and had a horrible sage in the center. A family member slept on it one night and said it was like sleeping on springs.
This place actually is very cute and cozy, nested in the woods. But all of the issues I mentioned above over shadow any possibility of this place ever being nice or worth the money they charged. It seriously needs a major overhaul. I never once felt clean when I was in this cabin. No one should have to spend their vacation cleaning.
ANYONE CONSIDERING RESERVING THIS PLACE SHOULD SERIOUSLY HAVE SECOND THOUGHTS!!! Read all the reviews. I've noticed they're all very similar.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Sajohnson1
bluerosecabins, Owner at Blue Rose Cabins, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
There are so many exaggerations in this review that I don't know where to start. This guest was adamant that the floor was not mopped before their arrival. Part of our standard cleaning procedure is to mop the floor after every guest departure. I talked to the lady that cleans this cabin and she verified that she mopped the floor, actually she told me she mopped the floor 3 times because the previous guest at this cabin had a dog in the cabin and our cleaning lady wanted to make sure it was clean and got all of the dog hair up. This guest actually went to buy supplies to mop the floor during their stay and mopped the floor 2 more times themselves during their stay and still were not satisfied that the floor was clean. So the floor was mopped a total of 5 times and this guest was still not satisfied that it was clean enough? This is a normal hardwood floor that is about 3 to 4 years old. As an owner I have done surprise spot checks on our cleaning staff and the floors are always mopped. This review is filled with other claims that are simply not true and many exaggerations. I could go point by point on this guest claims but I will not bore all of you. If you have any doubts about how we run our business or this particular situation feel free to call me at 1-800-426-6149.

Thanks!

Ohio
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family and I stayed in "The Big Woody Cabin" of Blue Rose Cabins. We arrived a little earlier than the 3pm check in. I called to ask if it was alright to get in a little earlier, but no answered so I left a message asking for a call back. We never received a call back, so we decided to just arrive at 2pm. No big deal, but a call back would have been nice. At first glance the cabin appears very basic, but clean. Upon more observation, the back deck is badly in need of a good pressure washing and scrub. It is in the middle of the woods, however, the wood is covered in green algae/mildew that will get all over your skin and clothes if you contact it. We had to wash the dishes and pans before we used them as the were quite dusty. The mattresses are old, and not the most comfortable. The bathroom has some issues with the flooring between the toilet and shower. It is very soft and gets very wet and soggy with toilet and shower use. I brought this to the attention of management and was told that he believed their was a broken pipe from the toilet causing the problem and they were probably going to fix it over the winter when the bookings stopped. He said that he inspected it and he found it to be structurally safe because he is over 200 lbs and it could hold him. The wooded towel racks in the bathroom had mildew on them, so I can imagine what was under the linoleum. I did not ask for a refund, because that is not my style, but I was not offered any reimbursement/credit/apology. I was disappointed because we have stayed with this company once before with no issues. We will not be returning here or recommending this company in the future. The bottom line is at a price of over $280 a night (holiday price), we should not have had to deal with the issues that we experienced with this cabin and company

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LindseyL123
I will check into the back deck of the Big Woody cabin. At some point the seal around the bottom of the toilet leaked and got the subfloor wet. I have checked out the floor in the bathroom along with the contractor that built the cabins and we determined that the floor was structurally sound. We do plan on replacing this section of the subfloor in the winter when the cabin will be open/available between bookings to do this project. The confirmation email that we send to all of our guest ask the guest to check out the cabin when they arrive and let us know when they arrive if there is anything that we are not satisfied so we can come out and make the guest happy during their stay.

Blue Rose Cabins
Also consider these accommodations in or near Logan
Holiday Inn Express Logan
Burr Oak Lodge and Conference Center
Ravenwood Castle
Ravenwood Castle
#1 of 1 in New Plymouth

Been to Blue Rose Cabins? Share your experiences!