“Cheap, Old”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed July 11, 2014

The hotel was old and inexpensive. The woman who greeted us was friendly but hard to understand. Not much of a continental breakfast. I was not comfortable with the cleanliness so sprayed with my handy dandy travel Lysol.

Room Tip: choose another hotel unless cost is a main factor
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Working in Lima for a temporary job I chose Econolodge and I few weeks I felt as I am at home. Personnel is working hard to ofer you a pleasant stay. It is not a 5 star hotel. Service is very good for the price

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I enjoyed my stay the staff was welcoming and friendly my room was very clean and the location was perfect. id stay anytime the beds where clean u can tell somebody worked hard the bathroom was very clean it was perfect

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I tried to make a reservation at this hotel. The gentleman spoke very poor English. 2 days later I received the confirmation email-dates and spelling of my name were incorrect. I attempted to call to correct the dates. The gentleman stated that he would change the dates-when I asked for a confirmation #, he hung up on me. I then called Choice hotels-they had the same experience and were told to call back the following day. I called the next day and was told that the dates that I requested were not available.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Andrea M
Reviewed April 6, 2014

This motel has seen better times. Overall, it seems rather run down. My room had some relatively fresh paint and a couple new chairs, but was otherwise in rough condition. The bathroom fixtures and and tub surround were quite worn. More troubling, the walls were dirty and the tub floor was sticky with some sort of left-over adhesive. The staff-person I dealt with was pleasant enough, but we had difficulty communicating because of language barriers. In addition, their computer system was not working at either check-in or check-out. Consequently, the motel could not produce a proper receipt at check-out. You can do better than this motel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Frugality
336chrisk, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I have stayed in some really nice Econolodges. This wasn't one of them.

Tired, untidy property, one freeway exit north of the main drag, so food choices were limited. On arrival, beds looked like they had been made by a 7-year-old. Room was clean but well worn. Bed was a B-grade mattress, in good condition but not the newer models that the better kept properties have. Smallish room with very tiny bathroom. The tub was worn, to the point where the silhouette of a shower mat could be seen in the tub surface. It takes years of not taking up the shower mat to wear them like that! Heater/AC unit was plugged into an industrial grade electrical box lying on the floor of the room.

Room was designated as non smoking but there was a very strong odour of cigarette smoke.

In the morning, there was no one on the front desk. We just drove away without 'officially' checking out.

We had a restful sleep, and there was nothing unsanitary or unsafe about the premises, but it had clearly seen better days. There are better places in town for similar money. Only try this place if you can't find a vacancy elsewhere, or if you are really pinching pennies.

Room Tip: If you have requested non-smoking, check out the room before moving in....it may have been used as a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Glad to hear that we accommodated restful sleep and safe environment. Sorry that we did not meet your expectations on building conditions and general appearance. We are working had to accede guest expectations like yours.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

The econolodge hotel is very nice hotel. They have the lowest price in Lima. I was very pleased at both times I stayed there. They keep the room nice and clean . I'll defiantly be staying again when I'm in town

• Stayed: February 2014

Thanks for recognizing as lowest price hotel in Lima Ohio; looking forward to see you soon.