“Good Place”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2018

Went with others, for lunch had good lunch with good service. Food was excellent, recommend to anyone.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank ljflick
themet306, Owner at The Met, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2018

Good morning, ljflick. This is Rob Nelson, owner of The Met. My staff and I want to thank you for taking the time to review us on tripadvisor. You always have a choice, especially in Lima, when eating and we thank you for trusting us to deliver on your expectations. We hope you have a nice rest of your weekend.

Reviewed October 17, 2018

We always choose The Met when dining for a special occasion and they never disappoint. We were so happy when they expanded their dining area to accommodate more patrons. We especially enjoy the "door" room, and have utilized the great brick party room in the back as well. The selection of drinks is endless. My favorite dish is always the Panini! Be sure to check their seasonal drink menu for a fun new drink option. We almost always have great service (minus a gentleman this past weekend who didn't quite measure up to the normal excellence). We will continue to enjoy this wonderful restaurant!

Date of visit: October 2018
themet306, Owner at The Met, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2018

Barbara, thank you so very much for your kind words. Our staff always wants to make our guests feel welcome and at home. If you don't mind a quick phone call, we'd like to know who your server was so we can talk to him about how he can better meet your expectations next time you are in. Have a great day and feel free to call me, Rob, the owner, at 419-999-9463.

Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

In town for business and had solo dinner. Service was impeccable and everyone knew everything about the menu and were willing to help their peers to deliver great service. Too many great choices but I started with some of the best clam chowder i ever had. No lacks of stuff in this version to the last spoonful. Main i chose was Gnocchi in a Chardonnay pesto Alfredo and added grilled shrimp and it was $16. It was amazing. They bring a baguette to clean up the sauce and my bowl was clean. Great beer and wine selection in a cool location with s good vibe. Highly recommend. Cheers to a great place that remembers great service.

Date of visit: October 2018
themet306, Owner at The Met, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2018

This is Rob Nelson, owner at The Met. Scott, my staff wants to thank you for taking the time to write a review (glowing, Yea!!) for us on Trip Advisor. We know that while in Lima, you have a number of options to choose from to dine. We are lucky you picked us and we are glad that we met your expectations and gave you the service you should want. We hope you have a wonderful weekend and we look forward to serving you, again, in the near future. If you are looking for other places to try, Old City Prime does a great job down the street as does Vivace. If you are in need of a quick bite, Kewpee is a staple, if you are a fan of burgers. Cheers!!

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful waitress who gave us wonderful service. Our food and drinks were delicious. I can’t wait to go back.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

This is not a place to go for a quick dinner. My wife and I each ordered a sandwich and we were there for over 90 minutes. We were seated right away, ordered within 10 minutes of getting seated, but it took nearly 20 minutes to get my beverage and about an hour for our sandwiches. I had the shrimp po boy. The shrimp was really good, but there were about 4 things described on the menu missing from my sandwich (tomato, spicy chili aoili, horseradish, and lime). My wife had the flank steak sandwich. It was also missing the sauce mentioned on the menu. The beer was at least good and cold. I would be hard pressed to give them another try at this point.

Date of visit: August 2018
themet306, Owner at The Met, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

We are so sorry to hear that you did not have more prompt service during your visit with us, Ashley. We want that all of our guests have a great overall experience with efficient service and stellar food, and knowing that you experience anything less is disappointing. We hope that you consider giving us another try again in the future so that we have the opportunity to show you our true potential.

Been to The Met? Share your experiences!