“Great Time”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful waitress who gave us wonderful service. Our food and drinks were delicious. I can’t wait to go back.

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

This is not a place to go for a quick dinner. My wife and I each ordered a sandwich and we were there for over 90 minutes. We were seated right away, ordered within 10 minutes of getting seated, but it took nearly 20 minutes to get my beverage and about an hour for our sandwiches. I had the shrimp po boy. The shrimp was really good, but there were about 4 things described on the menu missing from my sandwich (tomato, spicy chili aoili, horseradish, and lime). My wife had the flank steak sandwich. It was also missing the sauce mentioned on the menu. The beer was at least good and cold. I would be hard pressed to give them another try at this point.

Date of visit: August 2018
themet306, Owner at The Met, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

We are so sorry to hear that you did not have more prompt service during your visit with us, Ashley. We want that all of our guests have a great overall experience with efficient service and stellar food, and knowing that you experience anything less is disappointing. We hope that you consider giving us another try again in the future so that we have the opportunity to show you our true potential.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

We enjoy meeting friends here for lunch. The food is excellent, the service is great and the location easy to find for out of town guests.

themet306, Owner at The Met, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Thank you for getting back to us and taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. While we appreciate the 5 star review, we know that we can always look to improve. As you mentioned, the service was slow. Our owner and management team will continue to work with our staff to make sure that our meals are out to you as fast as they can during your visit. Thank you, again, for helping us grow. We hope you have a great afternoon.

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

Dinner was fantastic. Our waitress was fantastic. I got the lettuce chicken wrap, my husband got the burger with the works. We highly recommend. Cozy environment.

Reviewed August 8, 2018

I recently reviewed this restaurant a few days ago, only to find out that they denied my review. Very well then. I shall just continue to write one until it is posted. I will make this one more brief and if it is denied again I'll simply post to Yelp or Facebook.
I have come here several times over the years. They have replaced their good staff, with sub par workers. Especially in the bar area. They used to have a well-versed bar manager who knew everything there was to know about the beers they carried on tap. They also had a brother-sister team who did an excellent job. They were both dark skinned with black curly hair. They have replaced the old bar manager with a blonde who cannot even give simple tasting notes. No one seems to know what they are doing and the management team is unprofessional and inept. Employees, including the bar manager with blonde hair discussed "smoking" after work. Since employees were taking regular smoke breaks I assumed this meant they were going to engage in illegal activities. Clearly they do not drug test their staff, let alone their management, which is highly unprofessional. Not only do I not want to be served by someone under the influence, I would think it a hazard to the other employees and guests. The new manager whom replaced the the old general manager appears either incompetent or lazy and just busies herself to appear as though she is actually working. She walks from table to table with a giant fake smile plastered on her face. My wife and I have noted this on several occasions. She just wanders around the restaurant and makes small talk without actually assisting anyone when the restaurant gets busy. On the night that we came in the hostess was swamped at the door with a line of guests extending into the street. The "manager" left her floundering rather than alleviating the situation. There seems to be a lack of training going on as compared with previous employees who are no longer there. It seems as though they have downgraded severely in the staff that they employ. The food has not changed since the day they opened, it appears. The food is often bland and under seasoned. We used to enjoy coming here when they had a reliable, consistent staff, but it has suffered over the years. We will no longer frequent the restaurant until the staff is trained properly, or the management or owners change. I had originally given a two star review for the previous excellent experiences my wife and I had, as well as the experiences with the old staff. I changed it to one star since they are censoring guest reviews who have complaints. It's deplorable.

themet306, Owner at The Met, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

I appreciate you taking the time to leave us with an honest and well-articulated review. All feedback from our guests is extremely important and taken very seriously as it helps us to grow and make adjustments accordingly. I encourage you to give the restaurant a call at 419-999-9463 and ask to speak with Rob (owner) so that the situation can be further discussed. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Been to The Met? Share your experiences!