“Veg Fajita”

La Charreada
Ranked #16 of 157 Restaurants in Lima
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lima, Ohio, United States
“Veg Fajita”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Veg Fajita and Vegetarian B are my all time choices over there. Also I like the cool margarita with salt sip. A great restaurant for a veggie Indian like me.

Visited January 2013

“Awful”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Being Mexican myself and growing up on Mexican food and having it at numerous restaurants I can honestly say that La Charreada's food is the worst I've ever had. After being seated our waiter comes up and rudely asks, "what do you want?" I look at my boyfriend and he shrugs, look at the waiter and he goes "drinks! What do you want?" I should've gotten up at that point and left. Anyway we tell him what drinks we want and when we get them he practically slams them on the table. Onto the food. Oh man...Lima I truly feel sorry for you all if you think that La Charreada is good. I order tacos de carne asada and what I get is three soggy, mushy tortillas with dry meat in the middle. First of all STOP wrapping the finished tacos in foil. The tortillas end up getting steamed and falling apart, which incidentally is what happened to mine. Not only did I not get cilantro or any other garnish but as soon as I picked up a taco the meat tore through the middle of the tortilla and ended up on my plate. The menu said the meal comes with rice and beans, I never got the rice. The beans were disgusting. I could tell they weren't made in house. Maybe because it was late or maybe because they just don't care or thought no one could tell but those beans were from a can. There is no way that they weren't from a can and to add insult to injury they were salted to death. Needless to say that I will NEVER return to La Charreada. It is a complete insult to what real Mexican food is. I wouldn't eat there even if it was free. Bad service and even worse food.

Lima, Ohio, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Mexican food in Lima”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

As far as Mexican food goes this is the best there is in Lima. Its a great place for families to go to. Another good thing about La Charreada is that the price of the food is very reasonable.

Visited May 2012
Columbus, Ohio
“Time to salsa”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have been eating here for years. The salsa is very tasty and the cheese dip is addicting. I really enjoy the fajita quesadilla and cheese enchiladas. The crunchy taco is so good!

Springfield, Missouri
“It's fine”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The title sums it up - it's fine. It's not great and it's not terrible. It is middle of the road Tex-Mex. I ordered Pollo con Crema and my friend ordered Quesadillas Verdes. Both of them were ok. We ate probably 1/2 of each entree and some chips and salsa. The food was not bad, just not memorable.
Unfortunately, when we arrived it was blistering hot outside - 104 degrees and their air conditioning was not working. It was not their fault and I wouldn't hold it against them, but it probably didn't help our appetites. We really just wanted to get back out to the car and get in some air conditioning.
I would go back again, but I wouldn't go out of my way.

• Visited July 2012