“Best sauce outside of Italy!!!”
Review of Milano Cafe

Milano Cafe
Ranked #19 of 157 Restaurants in Lima
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Milano Cafe offers authentic Italian Cuisine prepared fresh daily. We offer a variety of homemade pastas and fresh sauces using only the finest ingredients.
Yonkers, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best sauce outside of Italy!!!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I grew up in Lima, Ohio eating Milano's food and I eat there every time I'm in town! They have, hands down, the best sauce and homemade meatballs I have ever tasted! I have lived in NY for the past 20 years and have eaten at some of the best Italian restaurants in the city, including Patsy's and Il Mulino's in Manhattan, Gargiulo's and Bamonte's in Brooklyn, Dominick's and Mario's in The Bronx, and Rao's in Harlem. None of these restaurants even come close to touching Milano's sauce and homemade meatballs! Every time I visit Lima I look forward to two things, seeing my family and eating at Milano's - some times I even stop at Milano's before I go to my parents house! My favorite dishes are, of course, the spaghetti with homemade meatballs and/or homemade Italian sausage, the homemade lasagna, and the pasta Vesuvio. If you don't see what you want on the menu, just ask for Frank because he can probably make it for you! So if you find yourself in Lima, Ohio and want to try the best sauce outside of Italy, stop in at Milano's for generous portions, reasonable prices, friendly staff, and great service - you won't be sorry that you did!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank David L

Sewickley, PA.
“Nice experience!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Very nice atmosphere. excellent food. Everyone in our party of nine was very satisfied with their meal.

Visited October 2013
Findlay, Ohio
“Wondeful Italian Cuisine”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife and I had heard about Milano from friends and decided to try it for lunch. The lunch menu is very good and they have very reasonable pricing.

The food was very good. I had the Fettucine Alfredo and my wife had the meatball pasta lunch special. They came with a soup and we both had the chicken, veggie soup. The cup was small but it was packed with huge pieces of chicken and veggies. It was excellent. The pasta and sauces were cooked perfect the way we like them and had a lot of flavor. The garlic roll that comes with it was outstanding to.

The only downside was the services was not attentive. There were only two of us in there and we ran out of ice tea several times.

We would recommend it and we will go back again.

• Visited October 2013
Joe G, Manager at Milano Cafe, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a good review for the Milano Cafe. We are glad that you enjoyed our house made sauces, soups and garlic bread. We also appreciate your input about the service you received.. If you have any future questions or suggestions, please feel free to let us know... We look forward to seeing you again.

Warm Regards,
Miamisburg, Ohio
“Excellent dining...and it's in Lima, OH!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great place! I recently held a memorial dinner at Milano's for my brother, who had passed away. We had a separate room, customized menus and OUTSTANDING service. Now, let's get to the food. Everything on our menu was amazing. There were no complaints from the entire room! We plan to stop back just for ourselves next time and enjoy this Lima landmark.

Visited August 2013
Joe G, Manager at Milano Cafe, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your pleasant review. We are pleased that you and your family enjoyed your time at our restaurant, especially in a time of such sadness. It was our pleasure serving you and hope we have the chance to serve you often in the future.

Frank and Joe
Lewistown, Ohio, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always Satisfying!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Milano Cafe has quickly become my favorite restaurant, as well as some of my family members after I recommended it to them! The calamari is always perfectly cooked, which is saying alot. Many restaurants tend to over cook it and it just ruins the entire dish. I also love the way they make it with the olive oil, pepperocini, and lemon. Every other restaurant should take notes! I am in LOVE with the lamb, but since the price was raised I haven't been able to order it in a long time :(. But, I found a new favorite in the Shrimp Veranda! The shrimp is perfectly floured and gigantic! It's the perfect portion, however sometimes I wish there was a little more pasta with it. But, it is my favorite restaurant in Lima and if I have a choice I always choose Milano!

• Visited July 2013
Joe G, Manager at Milano Cafe, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Customer ,

Thank you for your pleasant review and lovely photo of our Shrimp Veranda dish. We are pleased to know that you enjoy your time here at the Milano Café. It is always an honor to serve fine people, especially visitors to our area. I hope we will have the chance to see you often in the future.

Grazie Mille!