“Best HoJo that I've ever experienced!”

Howard Johnson Inn Lima
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Lima
Dublin, Georgia
“Best HoJo that I've ever experienced!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was very impressed by this property. Not new, but well maintained, decorated, and very clean. Property features an atrium with pool, sauna and recreation area. I had a room with a wonderful balcony over the atrium which is beautifully lit at night. Room was very clean down to the spotless mirrors over the desk and glass doors and windows on the balcony. Ref and microwave in the room with a mini store in the lobby. I did not expect such a property for an overnight stop on I-75.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
JL1707, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Lima, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thanks for the GREAT review! Please stop by again the next time you are traveling on I-75.
Jeff Lee – General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Newburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Nice Motel Enjoyed Stay TV could have been better.clean, quiet next to good restaurants . Be glad when road construction done

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

JL1707, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Lima, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I’m sorry that you did not enjoy TV’s. All of our rooms do feature a 42 inch HDTV with over 60 channels. If there is a channel that you would like to see please let us know and we may be able to add it to our line up. Look forward to seeing you again at our hotel and hopefully next time you stay the construction will be finished.
Jeff Lee – General Manager
Oceanside, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We chose this hotel because we were traveling from Virginia to Michigan and was a good halfway point. But you can do much better!! There are many other hotels nearby. The Marriott was next door, and I was wishing we had stayed there.
THE WORST PART:
I was eating a salad at the desk, and my one year old put something in his mouth. I thought maybe a piece of the salad had fallen on the floor, but I wasn't sure, so I got it out of his mouth, and "it" was a stranger's BIG TOENAIL!! My son was eating a huge, crusty toenail which he had found on the floor!! I almost threw up and definitely lost my appetite after that. told the front desk the next morning (and showed her the photo of it) and she said it was disgusting and gave us a $15 rebate. But $15 for your kid to eat a toenail? This isn't fear factor or anything where you want to do disgusting stuff for money but if I had to put a price on it, I'd say it was at least worth half a night's stay!!
My husband requested a pack-n-play or crib at check-in, and after waiting over an hour with no service, I called the front desk and she brought one. When you're arriving at 9:00 pm and traveling with a cranky baby, any amount of time waiting is not good, but over an hour is just awful.
Also the pool's hours are weird because they have "adult only" swim from 9-10 pm because it is in the lobby area and I guess they are trying to keep quiet hours. But it was a disappointment since the pool was one of the reasons my husband chose this hotel and we arrived right at 9 so by the time we were checked in, my daughter was unable to enjoy the pool.
Breakfast was alright; muffins, biscuits and gravy, cereal, waffle maker, and apples. But still didn't have much of an appetite after the toenail incident.
Very disappointed in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at our hotel. I value all feedback from our guests. Hearing from our guests gives us the opportunity to improve the level of service we provide. We strive to provide each guest with the best hotel experience possible. I sounds like we fell short of our goal on this occasion. My staff and myself are embarrassed that this happened at our hotel. I hope that next time you are passing through town that you stay with us again, and give us a chance to make this up to your family.