“Great place for your family.”

Howard Johnson Inn Lima
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Lima
“Great place for your family.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

Very nice hotel. Well kept up, nice pool, and game area for kids....very clean....

• Stayed June 2012
JL1707, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Lima, responded to this review, February 12, 2015
Thank you for writing a review of our property. I love to hear back from our guest after they check out. I appreciate the perfect overall rating that you have given our hotel. Please feel free to stop by and stay with us again the next time you are visiting Lima, Ohio.
Jeff Lee – General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Lima, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

My Husband and I had a relaxing overnight stay. During our stay were able to enjoy the pool/hot tub and had some popcorn and "adult beverages" in the lounge while we watched a baseball game. After we checked out we both felt like we had been on a mini-vacation. The hotel is beautiful - everything you need in your room including ironing board/iron, nice large TV, coffee maker, microwave, little frig. Breakfast buffet in the morning had everything...waffles, cereal, muffins, fruit, bagels, eggs, potatoes, juice, coffee. Nice Nice Nice

Room Tip: Inside balcony rooms give a beautiful view of the pool/game area.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Janice R
JL1707, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Lima, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our lounge is the perfect place to unwind after a long day and with $1 draft specials how could you go wrong! We take pride in providing our guests with an unforgettable experience. Our staff will be happy to hear that we accomplished that for you. All of our guests can look forward to the same result. I hope to see you next time you are passing through, or need another “mini-vacation”.
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

On the way south to the Kentucky Derby, my wife and i stopped randomly at this hotel. From the early evening arrival until we left the next morning it was a joy to be there. The young man on the front desk (originally a good Canadian boy from Manitoulin Island) was most pleasnt, sociable and friendly. Our maids were cheerful, helpful and I was happy to be leaving them a tip. The hotel itself was minful of a stay in the Islands: roomy, airy, well laid out and easly to move about it. With so many amenities, as i said to the Manager, we could easily have brought the grandkids for a stay. The price was very reasonable and we were in and out with ease. We did not eat here, so I cannot comment on that aspect (although I'd not hesitate to find out!). I'll note that my work takes me to hotels an average of 2 nights a week year round, so I can speak with some experience in commending this place as somewhere I'd plan to stop again were I travelling in that direction. If you're travelling through Ohio and wondering where to find a place: this is it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the interior of the building, although I'll guess i may cost more. But, y...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vallance55
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while passing through beautiful Lima, OH. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our entire staff enjoys taking care of our guests, and providing the best customer service possible. When you pair this with our amazing facility I’m sure you realized that there is nothing “random” about our hotel. I hope to see you back in Lima soon, and next time you should bring the grandkids, I’m sure they would have a blast. Thanks again.
Lima, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

I did not actually stay at the hotel. I organized an event and used the facility as one of our host hotels because it is the newest in the city. All of our coaches who brought their teams to our event said it was a great place and that the food was a little expensive, but very good. They worked with me to offer a great price, so I feel like they have very good customer service. It is walking distance from Yamato Japanese Steakhouse (hibachi grills), Arby's and the best burger anywhere at Kewpee Hamburgers.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
JL1707, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Lima, responded to this review, August 27, 2015
Thank you for the great review, please stay with us again!
Kokomo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

I'm a Professional Driver and my Truck was in need of some repairs. At the Stoops Freightliner dealership there was a flyer of this Howard Johnson Hotel which displayed some of the amenities, which caught my attention especially since it said they take comchek. Seeing I needed a stay I gave them a call and they picked my up. When I first walked in I was amazed. It was a beautiful Hotel. I was captured by the indoor pool and jacuzzi surrounded by many rooms with a balcony. I noticed a play area which had air hockey, table tennis, fusball, and a pool table. Then I noticed they had another area with couches and chairs and tables for reading or being online with your laptop . Further to the right of that was a pizza lounge where you can order some of your favorite foods and have a few cocktails as well. The whole place was very clean. People were friendly and helpful. In the morning time they had a hot breakfast which I had eggs with seasoned taters with a belgium waffle. I really enjoyed my stay there! Most of the time, when I'm on the road and I see a flyer of hotels, the hotel which I go to doesn't usually have what is stated in the flyer. But this place not only had it, but more as well. The price didn't gouge you, the place was spotless, people were really friendly. I really recommend this place! I know if I"m ever in this area again I'll be staying at this Howard Johnson Hotel!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark H
Thanks for the feedback Mark. Our staff loves to hear our guests feedback. That is what motivates us to provide such a great service over and over again. I’m glad to hear we exceeded your expectations, that’s what we strive to do every day! I will pass along your comments to our staff and let them know to keep up the good work. Hope to see you again the next time you are in Lima, Ohio. Thanks again.
Zanesville, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband, teenage son and I stayed here on Friday, April 20. We booked last minute on Hotwire and got a great price. Our room was clean. It had a fridge, microwave, and flat screen TV. The bathroom was very dated, but clean. The towels and linens were nice. The indoor pool was large and appeared very clean. They have a pool table and arcade games. The breakfast in the morning had biscuits and gravy and the usual things. If my son chooses to go to school in Lima, we will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. Feedback from customers is a great tool for any business who is always looking for ways to improve. I love when guests let us know what we are doing well and what areas we need to focus on. Thank you for staying with us. My staff and I will continue to work hard and maybe next time you stay with us we can earn that perfect overall rating.
Ontario, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

Very nice places . Stay was clean, nice front desk , lobby clean room was very nice and clean ,plus flat sreen tv. Nice place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012
JL1707, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Lima, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thanks for staying with us. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay. Please stop by again the next time you are in Lima.