“More than expected”

Howard Johnson Inn Lima
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed April 25, 2011

My wife and I found the Howard Johnson and decided to go with it and got more than we ever expected, in a good way. The staff was very friendly and very helpful, and they really went out of there way to make our stay great. Our room was very nice, clean and comfortable. We really enjoyed the bar and if we had known there was a pool and hot tub inside we would have enjoyed those as well. I would def. recommend this hotel and I will surely be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank cris01us
JL1707, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Lima, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2015

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. Feedback from customers is a great tool for any business who is always looking for ways to improve. I love when guests let us know what we are doing well and what areas we need to focus on. Thank you for staying with us. My staff and I will continue to work hard and maybe next time you stay with us we can earn that perfect overall rating.

There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Inn Lima

Reviewed April 25, 2011

I stayed with a large group of extended family. Our rooms were comfortable and clean. We enjoyed the balcony overlooking the hotel. We also enjoyed the internet, television, and seating in the rooms. The hotel even allowed us to bring our puppy. It was the only hotel in the area we were able to do so, to our knowledge. The location of the hotel was very convenient. There was plenty of shopping and eating nearby. I would highly recommend this hotel to others and would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank aaron17nyk
JL1707, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Lima, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Thanks for staying with us. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay. Please stop by again the next time you are in Lima.

Reviewed August 13, 2010

Our nonsmoking room smelled of stale smoke embedded in the old polyester bedding/curtains and carpet covered by an odor layer of disinfectant. Mildew on the shower curtain. Furnishings need renovation, with broken handle on tv cabinet. Green wallpaper that looked dingy and stained. No hotel directory in room. Fitness center was three less-than-state-of-the-art machines in a room off the pool. To be fair, the pool would be nice if you have kids, the staff were friendly, and the room was quiet (at the end of the corridor, first floor) but the room was not good. Not horrific, but not worth $100

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your fair review of our hotel in 2010. I would like to invite you back to the Howard Johnson of Lima today. Since your stay we are now under new ownership and have completed over $1.5 million in renovations. I think that you would be surprised that we are the same hotel you stayed at 5 years ago.

Reviewed July 12, 2010

This is a former Holiday Inn that has a 'Holidome' area that has been kept with the transition to HoJo. The property is well kept and maintained. While a facelife may be in order in the next few years, everything was well-maintained. The hotel accepts pets which is a great plus for me as we often travel with our dog. The pool, whirlpool and exercise area are nice and in great working order. The rooms were clean, well maintained and nicely appointed. The game portion of the 'Holidome' offers free air hockey and foosball, a pool table for 50 cents, a basketball novelty shoot hoop for 50 cents and a selection of video games. The hotel sports a lounge as well as a restaurant that serves breakfast (no free breakfast at this location).

Several restaurants are close (Cracker Barrel, Olive Garden, Bob Evans, McDonald's and a sports bar among them) and the property is adjacent to I-75. I obtained a $63/nt. rate for this place using the American Legion rate, a bargain considering all this place offers. I sincerely found not one thing to complain about this entire stay. The staff is helpful, the rooms are nice and the hotel offers a lot to do without even leaving the property. Great for families with children.

I highly recommend staying here if you'll be in Lima or are looking for a nice place to stop while traveling I-75.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank motorcity70
JL1707, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Lima, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2016

Thanks for staying with us! I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our staff works hard and loves to hear back from our guests. Guest feedback helps us improve. This year we are completing a half million dollars in renovations that will improve our hotel and feature newly redesigned guest rooms. WE also recently installed a new state of the art Wi-Fi system and doubled our internet speed! Come back and stay with us again and let us know what you think of all the improvements. We would love to earn a 5 Star rating on your next stay!

Reviewed December 23, 2009

I stayed here while working at the Procter & Gamble plant nearby. The location was good with lots of restaurants close. The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. I'll stay here again the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
5  Thank PGbrian

Reviewed October 15, 2009

We got this room through Expedia. When I went to check in they informed me because I had a priority card I would be upgraded to a better room close to the pool. I was impressed till I opened the door to the room. The carpet was dirty and looked like it was never vaccumed. Then I went into the bathroom. The floor was disgusting, the bathtub looked very dirt on the bottom. Proceeded to the bedroom. The wall paper was riping of the wall. The pool area had dirty towels laying all over the place. Couldn't believe this was an upgrade. I was totally disgusted and will never stay there again. I talked to the front desk the next morning and they really didn't care.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Management response:Responded May 10, 2010

Thank you for your comments and we appreciate you staying at the Howard Johnson Lima. I apologize for the condition of the room you were in. We have renovated that room since your stay so no other guests will be disappointed like you were. We strive to make every stay a pleasurable one, and we hope you will give us another chance when you are back in Lima.

Reviewed August 23, 2009

I've spent a lot of time at this hotel while my husband was working in Lima for three months. The staff has been very friendly and helpful. I have felt safe at the hotel and in the surrounding neighborhood while I'm on my own. The pool is usually nice but sometimes it needs to be cleaned. Room service is decent, chicken fingers are really good for some reason. The rooms have always been very clean. My husband tried staying in another hotel and ended up going back to this hotel. The King Bed room have a refrigerator and microwave, regulars rooms do not. This is a business and family hotel so it's not "luxury" by any means but it is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank LandonsBaby
JL1707, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Lima, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2015

Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. My staff and I love to hear feedback from guests. Thanks for staying with us. We would love to have you as our guests again the next time you are in Lima.