“Amazing Stay / Wedding Reception”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lima East
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Lima
Celina, Ohio, USA
“Amazing Stay / Wedding Reception”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I recently heldmy wedding reception at the Holiday Inn. Michelle helped us from start to finish. We had a tight timeline, but the staff at the Holiday Inn pulled out all of the stops, booked our room, the reception, the food, and booked in guests from out of town with a great rate.

Michelle took the time to ensure every detail was worked out Than you Michelle - without your help and support we would have been lost.

Every staff member was friendly and all of my guests were able to check in early.

We served a buffet dinner - and it was wonderful! Food was hot, flavourfull and we all really enjoyed all of it.

The staff that helped in the room were quick and attentive.

When the reception ended and I got to see our room, I was so happy. The room was beautiful.

If I could rate this hotel better than "excellent"- I would. The anticipated our every need and were over and above in every area.

Thank you Holiday Inn and especially Michelle.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Brad W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lima East, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Congratulations again on your marriage! We know your wedding is the most special day of your life, and we want to make sure you get treated that way. From the planning to the setup to the final details, we take special care to make sure everything is perfect. Thanks for the nice comments and Michele was thrilled to see them as well!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Lima, Ohio
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Overall our stay was good however, we waited 45min for our meal, my fiancé sat with an empty glass for 20min, and it took 40 min for them to tell me they didn't know how to make my long island icetea, look it up, find out they didn't have everything, and finally make me a Margarita, so I sat for 40min with nothing to drink. General service was great, and the pool and fitness room were good. Our original room was great, until there was constant beeping coming from a maintenence closet in the bedroom at 2am. Very inconvenient to have to pack up everything, go down to the front desk to get new keys, and back up to our new room, and settled back in inn the middle of the night.

• Stayed February 2013
Brad W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lima East, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
We try extremely hard to make sure that every guest has a great stay, but unfortunately, that was not the case this time. I've spoken to the departments involved to make sure that nothing like this happens again, so no other guest will be disappointed with their stay. I've invited this guest to come stay with us again so we can demonstrate our commitment to guest satisfaction. We want to create an awesome lasting impression on every guest that stays with us, and it is our goal to make sure that every guest is satisfied!
Apollo, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed February 12, 2013

First of all, the room was very nice. No surpises there. Quick check-in, too. Where the surprise came was in the restaurant. We checked in and got discount passes at the front desk for a local restaurant. When we got there, there was an hour and a half wait to get seated, so we drove back to the hotel and figured we would "settle" for the hotel restaurant. We were VERY surprised by the food that we were served. It was so good that we asked to talk to the chef. His name is MARCELLE HARRIS. He is an excellent chef and a definite asset to the staff. We told him that we really enjoyed our dinners. The quesedilla appetizer was the best we have ever had. Not only was this an excellent choice regarding our room accomodations, but we would highly recommend the restaurant as well. Thanks for a great experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Greg S
Brad W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lima East, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We like to hear that our guests had an "Excellent Experience". It's nice to see when our employees are recognized for doing a great job, and Marcele was thrilled to see his name in the review.Our goal is not only to be one of the best hotels around, but also to be one of the best restaurants around, and your review helps us achieve that goal. Thank you!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I came to Ohio from sunny Arizona during a very bitter cold front. Every one at the Hoiday Inn made me feel very warm and welcome. Great customer service. Even when it was snowing outside and only 9 degrees one of them asked me if I wanted them to go out and start my car. The restraunt was a great place as well. It was nice to come in from a long day of work knowing I could come in and get a hot meal and not have to go back out.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Brad W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lima East, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
We like every guest to feel warm and welcome when they stay with us. I'm glad that was the case when you were here! We take great pride in our customer service and I think it shows when we get a wonderful review like yours! Thanks!
saint marys ohio
Reviewed January 2, 2013

From the moment I walked through the door I felt at home. All of the front desk clerks gave a warm welcoming and had a cheery smile. They were very accomadating and took time to even direct me to a fresh hot cup of coffee after my check-in that went very smoothly. My room had plenty of room and was immaculatley cleaned. The bed was so comfortable that I didn't even want to get out of it. I slept like a baby.My dinning room experience was very wonderful too. The breakfast I chose was a Best 4 value and it was so delecious and appealing to the eye. My server went out her way and was very helpful in getting me directions to the downtown area. I felt the dinning room was state of the art. I went for dinner also and the food was so delecious that I ate every last morrsel. All of the staff was very accomadating and made me feel right at home. The pool was so refreshing and clean. From now on when I am passing through it will be no other than the Holiday Inn Suites for me.

Room Tip: Just ask for what you are seeking !
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Agypsyqueen
Brad W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lima East, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We try to make this feel like home for every guest that stays with us. From the time you check in at the front desk, to the time you check out of your room, we treat every guest like family. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Lima!
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Clean rooms, can always get a fresh cup of coffee, the front desk people are most helpful in finding out what events to visit, give direction and just simply make you feel at home. Good food....the Chef is the best in town. I have tried several of his specials. Nice pool and hot spa to relax and good exercise room. Headed on my way back for 4 days .... I know I will enjoy the stay.

Room Tip: Try any of the Chef's specials...I really enjoyed the soups.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Brad W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lima East, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Clean rooms and a very helpful staff are a couple of things we take pride in at the Holiday Inn & Suites Lima! We also think our restaurant serves some of the best food in town. Thanks so much for the wonderful comments and we look forward to seeing you again!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed here for two nights on a business trip and found everything to my liking. The rooms were all new and spacious. Customer service was awesome. The location of the property had easy access to the Harding Highway but due to my room window facing the big road, I could hear all the traffic noise. Bathrooms were stocked with Bath and Body Works shampoo, conditioner and soap which were a bonus. Wi-Fi in the room was decent. Complimentary coffee in the lobby during the mornings was also a good touch.

Room Tip: For light sleepers, request a room away from highway/big road.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Brad W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lima East, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
A "Great Hotel and Wonderful Service", that's what makes us one of the best hotels in Lima! We appreciat your great review and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Lima!