“One of the better Holiday Inn Hotels” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lima East

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lima East
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Lima
Baltimore, Maryland
“One of the better Holiday Inn Hotels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2011

I checked out the hotel as a possible place to host an upcoming convention in the area, and I was impressed. From the helpful and friendly Sales and Front Office Staff to the beautiful interior and exterior of the hotel, this was one of the best Holiday Inn Hotels I have seen. The guest rooms were spacious, extremely clean and exceptionally priced with all the amenities a business traveler or vacationing family would need. The conference center was high tech and top notch, and had everything I will need to run a successful conference. This hotel will definitely get my business, and I would highly recommend this place if you find yourself in the Lima area on business or pleasure.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank xerox1
WEWELCOMEU, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lima East, responded to this review, June 30, 2011
Thank you soo much, it brings joy to my ears to read such wonderful notes regarding our Holiday Inn and Suites in Lima Ohio.
Our state of the art Holiday Inn and Suites boast's as you stated ,all the business amenities and services that a Holiday inn should have along with great service and excellent guest rooms along with a full service Kem's Restaurant and a fully stocked bar with all your favorite liquors and beers
I'm very sure you will have a great conference at the Holiday Inn and Suites Lima Oh.
For business or pleasure you will be delighted with all the service and hospitality you would expect.!!!
Bobby D.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
East Windsor, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

The hotel is fairly new and the rooms are beautiful! My son loved the pool and I loved the fitness center. The restaurant staff was kind of disorganized. It took us and hour to get breakfast, but we were happy to sit with friends and chat while we waited. There was one waitress and people at 5 other tables. Not exactly an overwhelming crowd. The staff was friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the pool and elevators.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
wewowyou, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lima East, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Thank you for your response regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn and Suites in Lima Oh.
So pleased to here that you liked the hotel and the amenities inc the Pool and Spa area.
Regarding the Restaurant services was not upto speed,I'm sorry we need to improve the speed of service and we do thank you for bringing that detail to my attention and please come back to Lima and visit us again.Bobby D.
Roanoke, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2011

When I arrived, there were no carts out front to load luggage. I struggled in with 6 bags and not one person offered me assistance. When I got to my room it was pretty clean, but I noticed that there was no soap in the bathroom and one of the packets with sugar, cream, etc for the coffee was opened and some stuff was missing. Thought the food was decent and reasonably priced at the restaurant. However, I ordered the salmon BLT. which should've come on a whole wheat bun. Instead, it arrived on a ciabatta bread and had no accompanying condiments so it was very dry. My side of fries consisted of about 10 fries. I also had the fried ravioli appetizer which was very good.
When I returned the second night, I found housekeeping had made the bed and replaced the towels. They had not replaced the coffee or dirty cups that had been used and I also had to call down to the front desk for a privacy sign and extra toilet paper as they had disappeared.
I was not impressed with the workout room. godd equipment, but its a very small area with no ventilation and the heat was extremely high for a workout area.
Overall, I thought the hotel was ok. I wouldn't recommend it for someone who has to spend a month like I did for work, but it would be ok for a night or two. The staff was ok, but not overly friendly or helpful. At check in, I was handed a key and not directed to the guest rooms. The elevators were hidden behind the fireplace and there were no signs. When I asked which direction they were, the girl who had checked me in had to ask someone else to direct me. They did have free wi-fi, which was great and free parking. It was a little noisy in the hotel, there was an air vent in the hall right outside my room and when the air kicked on it sounded like someone running a vaccum in the hall. If the tv was on low though, it drowned out the hallway noise.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ballizllpn14
WEWELCOMEU, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lima East, responded to this review, May 15, 2011
Thank you. For your honest review it helps us put your concerns related to our hotel in prospective.We did not want you to struggle with your bags when you were checking in and no one was assisting you with your baggage....We did forget the important things that are the part of the service industry that are the key factors in great guest expectations in quality and service that you expect and i'm sorry.
But it gives me a clear picture that we have room for improvement and guest like you are important as we feel that the expectations that you received were not met .
I am going to take action,passionately talk to the departments that are related in your disatisfaction and bring in a service culture that will be among the best in the hotel industry!!!
From check in to check out all the concerns you had will be addressed and i want to invite you back at our hotel with a upgraded room and also have a complimentory dinner on the house. Please contact me when you are in the area i will make sure you stay will be memorable...Bobby D.
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2010

Nice, updated. Decent work out room and pool looked nice but I forgot my suit. The hallway smelled kind of funny but the room itself smelled like cedar and that was a nice surprise.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Meadville, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2010

My husband and I stayed here (Room 425) for 2 nights in July. The hotel is new and very clean. Impressive lobby, although a bit too stark and cold for my personal taste. Excellent room, with fridge and microwave. Wireless worked flawlessly for us. The king bed was comfortable, and the soundproofing was good. (We heard a very upset child in the room next to us, but we could only hear it in the hallway, not in our room). Two small things in the room: the sheer curtains were dirty and the bar to slide them was missing on one side, and the design of the three doors (closet, room door and bath door) is not the best. The doors all open up into each other, effectively blocking entrance to the room when either the bath or the closet door was open. A sliding closet door would help. as would hanging the bath door on the other side of the door frame.

Skip the restaurant. Over priced ($30 for breakfast-omelet, pancakes and eggs, milk and coffee). We ate there for both dinner and breakfast. The dinner menu is limited, and for both meals we had terrible service. There were only 2-3 other tables filled, but for both meals we waited over 40 minutes for our food, which was cold and had obviously been sitting for some time. The waitress was not at all knowledgeable about salad dressings, specials, etc. Because of the modern decor, the numerous televisions (behind the bar and one at every table) made the place very noisy (nothing to soak up the sound). The ambiance was not at all pleasant. There are many other restaurants at the same interstate exit (Olive Garden, Cracker Barrel, Bob Evans, etc) so go somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Roadglideclide, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lima East, responded to this review, July 20, 2010
Thank you so much for your review. I have discussed your concerns will all staff members involved. We have removed the small red stain from the sheers mentioned. I apologize for the problems experienced in our restaurant. I assure you this is not typical of the usual outstanding service and quality our guests are accustomed to. We do provide a 24 hour Manager on duty who would have been more than happy to address your concerns and refund your meal. I hope you give us another opportunity to serve you again during your next visit to Lima. Please contact me directly and I will make this right for you.

David L. Waymire, CHA
Lansing, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2010

Stayed here due to bad traveling- did not plan in advance. It is a very nice and well above average holiday Inn. It seemed really new, not just refurbished. I got in quite late and didn't look around the loby much, but seemed clean and nice. Rooms great- nice clean soft furnishings. Good toiletries supplied (bath and body works cucumber melon shampoo, conditioner, lotion and soap). Very clean. Restaurants in a short driving distance.Convenient to express way. No free breakfast for platinimum priority club members:(

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Roadglideclide, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lima East, responded to this review, May 24, 2010
Thank you so much for staying with us. I hope we will see you soon under good traveling. We now offer a choice of items for Platinum members, please stop in and check them out. We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to serve you and hope to see you again soon.

David L. Waymire, CHA
General Manger
Fairfax, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2009

On way from Van Wert, OH to Vermont, the vehicle we were delivering broke down. Lucky for us we were able to find mechanic to start the work needed, and even luckier to end up staying the night at the Holiday Inn Suites. Brand new hotel (opened in Oct, 2009) so the place is still very clean and up to date. Were able to get a great rate $89/night. Hotel has an contemporary Asian look to it. Bathroom was small but was appointed nicely. Beds were comfortable, although mattress may be too firm for some. Choice of pillows is nice. Although quiet during our stay, was able to hear things happening in hallway. Guessin walls are on the thin side.It has a restaurant which was of average quality(breakfast) but felt it was good value. If we ever break down in Lima again we will be certain to come back to the Holiday Inn Suites.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We will continue to work on improving our services for you. We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon.