“Mold”

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Lima
Lima, Ohio
“Mold”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

If this is same as lima inn ? They aré redo downstairs but rooms aré horrible upstairs Mold everywhere owner refused us blankets until his wife he was upset I asked forblankets cause daughter got sick after due to guality of rm and ability to access we got locked out as she had to shower elsewhere due to Mold everywhere repeatly locked out in cold maintence staff friendly and helpful When I asked forblankets I was refused then given stained ones had to provide my own as well no trashcans in the rooms we was in we had to provide our own bags for trash The handrail on balcóny is also very loose rusted holes rusted around doors toilets dont work proper no ice machine The store sold us moldy sandwiches outdated food staff guy in store was friendly also we have since been informed that since our stay because I stood up for my daughter and the proper way that since our stay as a result my name is being slandered as well either directly or indirectly by the owner from my understanding All I have stated abt Lima Inn is true I will go as far as taking a lie dector test to prove it or better yet If You can handle rude owner black Mold/Mold everywhere including food at the gas station store and drafty doors and your name being destroyed If You stand up for yourself & your children this is the place to say Can say maintence staff was friendly and helpful wish my lie phone woulda took pics someone please stay a week or different rooms in back and do a serious secret shop You will understanding immediately esp If You get locked out even once
I am amazed this place can remain using the rooms with black Mold and rust everywhere the lower front rooms aré being redone It was nice to have a place to stay but the whole experience had proved physically sickening and emotionally draining how is anyone to even suggest a child sleep in puke nope no thank You and could do without them cursing me on the phone in their native language and could do without being slandered as a result of my stay there also wifi dont work no emergency phone in rooms either

• Stayed February 2014
4 Thank Hoping4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Ortonville
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This was not the ritz but was clean and comfortable for the price. The registration desk was helpful but not overly so. Plenty of parking. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable, not hard like rocks as you find in some of these motels.

Room Tip: It seems like the king bed rooms were on the first floor and two beds on the second floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank OnaWing48462
Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

Me and my 4 friends went here last year for the 4wheel and offroad jamboree and I can honestly say this was the worst place I have ever stayed, should say somthing coming from a redneck not usually turned off by such places. First an Indian family runs this out of the BP convince store attached. Copied my ID but would not give me a receipt untill I withheld money and made them give me a signed paper saying I got the 2 rooms They wouldn't let me pay via credit card even though they just ran a card for a customer.(was I just discriminated against?) anyway we had 2 rooms both had bugs running around glad I brought sleeping bags, no hot water in one, no ac in the other moldy nastiness in the refrigerator. This was may and the pool was not open. Shady characters everywhere, even a hooker basically going door to door. Basically this was a dump local police basically said the same about it. On a good note the waffle house across the street was great, good people good service. Find another hotel or curl up on your car.

• Stayed June 2011
3 Thank Asquier

Travelers are raving about these Lima hotels

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed May 25, 2011

I like Choice Hotels, have had reasonable luck with the budget based Econo Lodges too, but this is the worst hotel I can remember staying in.
I knew it was a bad sign when we went to check in at the hotel front desk and were told to go around to the gas station that was connected to the hotel to check in. It was disarrayed mess at the checkout counter.

To keep this brief, how about a list of most of the demerits:
Check in was a disorganized mess.
They over charged me, based on my online reservation, by about $9. Just annoying. I didn’t have my reservation printout in hand, so I couldn’t question.
The door keys spontaneously stopped working the second day of the stay (The cards had no reason to be demagnetized). We weren’t the only ones dealing with this.
The lightswitch in the room didn’t work…because there were no lightbulbs in the lamp.
No lights in the room worked upon flipping the switching. We had to fumble around in the dark to find a light that had a bulb. Then the plug looked like it had been hit with a hammer. One side had no power, the other barely retained the plug. At least we had light now.
The room contained two double beds. Neither bed had fitted sheets, so the sheet quickly folded and exposed a mattress you probably don’t want to touch.
One of the sheets also looked like someone had blown a nose on it, really pretty disgusting.
Hot water was sparse, but seemed to come eventually. Night one: used only hot water handle for shower, but it was acceptably warm. Night two: hot water was warm enough to warrant cold water. Upon moving cold handle, handle fell off. Then again…and again.
The ice machine did not work, and based on the condition and the fact that the water to it was shut off, it hadn’t worked in a while.
The room was supposed to have a microwave and a refrigerator. The microwave was present, but the refrigerator was not. I don’t know if the microwave actually worked.
The TV worked, but the remote control did not. Just icing on the cake.
The 2nd floor railing looked to be nearly rusted through at least halfway across that floor.

Now for the benefits of the hotel:
The AC worked
The TV worked (Remote did not)
They accommodated my request for room location.
No odd stains noticeable (other than the booger sheet)

I was thoroughly disappointed with this hotel. I keep my standards low. I expected economy lodging, but this still surprised me. The room was sparse and worn, but I expected that. It is the other things above that I didn’t expect. I’ve stayed in comparable but better hotels within 30miles of here for 60% of the price. The price did not reflect the service provided. I hate to give bad reviews, but this place was bad. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank nonparrishable
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed March 28, 2011

When we arrived we could not find the front desk as is was located in an adjoining convenience store (we found this out the next morning in dayight hours). All sorts of people were out in the parking lot drinking and smoking on a 30 degree night. The sliding glass windows are "fixed" with duct tape. The broken glass in the parking lot and broken down vehicles on the perimeter . When I attempted to check in the next morning I found the carport/ front desk area was padlocked. The so called "convenience" store fuel pumps were all bagged. I was notified by the neighboring Comfort Inn (where we stayed) reps that the gas station has not had gas in quite awhile. We were in LIma as our youngest had a College application-interview. We anticipate his matriculation of study and will visit from time to time over the next four years. My wife and I will most definitely NOT stay at the Econolodge. We made certain to take a series of digital pictures and have them saved at home. Feel free to ask us if you would like to see what this place looks like as of March 25, 2011. It sure would be great if someone from Choice Hotels stopped by unannounced to see what is really going on at this place. .

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank maplelanepottery
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed March 15, 2011

The hotel was clean, it is an older establishment which was recently bought out by new owners. The new owners are renovating and have improved the place since last I stayed here! Such an improvement in customer service!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed September 23, 2009

Photos are deceiving. STAY AWAY from this place. I have never felt so dirty just stepping IN to a motel before. Worst stay of our life. And that "beautiful pool"? Ha, what a joke. It was dry as a bone w/ black tarps. Probably hasn't been used in YEARS. Our first room had the hardware in the bathroom ripped off the wall. Our toilet paper was on THE BED. Lamps & lights do not work. Images on the tv were all green. Tub did not drain. So, we were moved to a 2nd room which had bugs. And, that room's shower did not have running water!! Shady people hanging out in the parking lot. Some where grilling meat on mini grills and walking around our cars. i can tolerate a lot but this motel is beyond words. We left at midnight and never looked back.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple