“Nice Hotel - newly updated”
Review of Courtyard Lima

Courtyard Lima
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Lima
Twinsburg
“Nice Hotel - newly updated”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We spent just one night in Lima and choose to use our Marriott points for this 1 night hotel stay. We were pleasantly surprised at how nice and new everything seemed everywhere. The room was great and had a wonderful large shower (no tub). You don't see that often in hotels. We know this hotel did not have a complementary breakfast, but it did have a lounge area for you to purchase breakfast sandwiches and Starbucks coffee for the morning. The cheery front desk staff was on duty when we checked in at 6pm and out at 11am. Maybe she never goes home? :)

Room Tip: They have a few Jacuzzi rooms!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cori C, Director of Sales at Courtyard Lima, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review of the Courtyard Lima! We are all so very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to be able to welcome you back to Lima on your future endeavors. As for the cheerful front desk representative, this is our second home! We are always happy for the opportunity to both greet you, and say farewell!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Indiana
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stay here about once a month on business and I am never disappointed. Very nice new courtyard. Great little gym with new cardio and some weights. Nice lobby and bistro. Staff is extremely nice and helpful and last night the front desk said- Hi! I remember you, welcome back! Which was a nice touch. Always willing to answer questions about the area /directions etc. I can't imagine in Lima there is a nicer hotel. Looking forward to my next visit. --Katherine

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on the highway side....
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful review of the Courtyard Lima. We love having the opportunity to welcome you back each time you visit Lima. We take great pride in being able to greet familiar faces, and consider you to be part of the Courtyard family. Safe travels on all your future endeavors, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Boyne City, Michigan
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed here on our way to Gatlinburg from Michigan. Check-in was quick and the rooms were just great. Room was quiet and very clean. A variety of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. Stayed on a Wednesday night and glad that I made reservations because the hotel was full upon arrival and staff stated that Wednesday and Thursdays nights are always booked so make a reservation if planning to stay on one of those two nights during the week. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for such a wonderful review of the Courtyard Lima. We are all so very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and would love to welcome you back to Lima during your future travels. We continue to stay booked on Wednesdays and Thursdays, as well as the added Mondays and Tuesdays! So please make sure to call ahead during the week, and we will have a comfortable, quiet, clean room waiting just for you!
Westbrook, Connecticut
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed here on a business trip. Everything was great, comfortable rooms and beds, had a good night stay. There are places to eat within walking distance to the hotel as well. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike P
Thank you for the great review of the Courtyard Lima. We are all so very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and we would love to welcome you back to Lima during your future travels. We are constantly improving from feedback, so please let us know if there is ever anything more we can do to improve your stay.
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed here last night, after bringing our daughter to Ohio Northern University. We tried to stay at another hotel, but they were strict about their 3 o'clock check in. We had no problems here. The beds are soft, if u like that. Id prefer a little harder...but, there were a pile of pillows on the bed. =) my son loved the touch screen tv in the lobby. The pool is small, but nice.
Everything smelled clean and the bed covers were all white ans smelled of bleach, so I knew they were clean!! The trial shampoo/conditioners were Paul Mitchell....not some cheap crap . Overall this hotel was fantastic and i definitely will look forward to staying at this same hotel again next time!!! On a scale of 1 to 10 this place is a ten!!!
Oh...one small thing. The breakfast isn't a free breakfast. Would've been nice to have complimentary coffee other than the stuff in the room.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank shannonm39
On behalf of the entire staff at the Courtyard Lima, I would like to thank you for the thoughtful review. We take great pride in our hotel, and love to make your experience with us as unique as you are. We understand that not everyone runs on a hospitality schedule, so we are always happy to accomodate early check-ins as soon as clean rooms become available. I am happy to inform you that we offer complimentary coffee in the lobby from 6am to 10am every morning, and Starbucks coffee is available to purchase all day! For your convenience, we also offer rates that include a fresh, made-to-order breakfast from our Bistro! Safe travels on all of your future endeavors, and we would love to welcome you back to Lima!
Danville Knox County, Ohio
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This was second time staying at Courtyard Lima... Both times the front desk staff have been very pleasant and helpful. The rooms were wonderful. Have not tried the food services yet, but plan on doing that on next visit. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an enjoyable, relaxing stay. So many restaurants nearby, no need to travel far for a variety of menu fares.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Yvonne B
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Courtyard Lima. We are all very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed each of your stays with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Lima on your future endeavors. I am pleased to inform you that we now offer rates that include breakfast, no matter which day of the week you plan on staying with us! Let us know how you enjoy the Bistro breakfast, and make sure to stop by the giant touch-screen GoBoard to see pictures and descriptions of all new menu items!
Delphi, Indiana
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Overall, our stay at the Lima Ohio Courtyard was nice. The hotel is very appealing and we were greeted by the front desk staff with a smile and our room was upgraded from our original reservation in an instant. It was located near the fairgrounds at which we were attending the AJSA National Classic.

I felt we had three issues which made me rate the hotel average, all involving housekeeping. The first was that we had to call for extra towels, two towels for 4 people didn’t cut it. The first night, we had to call twice. The second night, one call. The third morning, I left a note for housekeeping to leave enough towels for four people, which they did. The next night, no note, no extra towels, had to call twice for them again. And so it went for our entire stay.

The second issue was that housekeeping never once vacuumed any of the floors in our room. Since I write reviews for Trip Advisor all the time, I have little tricks I use to judge the effectiveness of housekeeping. Well, housekeeping at Courtyard failed miserably regarding vacuuming. In fact, the bathroom floor was so dirty by the time we left that I would not walk bare footed on the floor.

The third issue was that I accidently spilled some coke on my bed sheets one night. The next night when I returned to the room and turned down my bed, the sticky coke was there, on the sheets, housekeeping just made the bed, dirty sheets and all.

I am sorry, but when I pay as much as I did for this room, I expect it to be thoroughly cleaned each and every day, thus the average rating.

Room Tip: Get a room away from elevator.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank legaleagle76_10
Thank you so much for your detailed review of the Courtyard Lima. On behalf of the entire staff, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies that your stay was not exceptional. We have taken steps to ensure this experience does not happen again, and would like to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.