“they charged me 150 to my card for a stain on a blanket. I will go pick up that blanket. they are crazy. Beware people.”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed January 29, 2014

The looks of the motel was nice. But 150 for a dam stain on a blanket. Do they not have spot removal??? I will go get this blanket if I payed that much for it. The place was noisy. The heat didn't work at all. I ended up getting sick and going to the doctor. I cant believe how bad it was in the room. Check your sheets people. And under them beds. Signed up for rewards and never got card. I would not tell people to stay at this place. Really bad.

Room Tip: Beware the maid will wake you up very early they cant read the do not disturb sign.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank bravadaofiowa
Comfort-Inn-Lima-OH, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. As mentioned, you were charged for linen from your stay. The bed linen had been laundered twice, left in an overnight soak, and washed again using Ecolab detergent and stain removers. You were only charged for the linen that we had to reorder. The stain was quite large and started with the new white top coverlet, soaked through to the down filled blanket, sheets, and mattress pad. After the stain did not come out we disposed of the linen, we saw no reason to keep it on-hand since it would never again be used in a guest room. We had recently purchased all new linen for our 119 guest rooms from a Choice Hotel approved linen supplier, and have been getting several compliments on it and the pillows. All Comfort Inns should have or will soon be getting this nice linen. As for the complaints you left feedback about regarding your stay, this is the first time we are hearing about any problems you had during your visit. We strive to provide guest with a great stay and do our best to immediately correct any problem(s) when reported.

Kind Regards,

Julie A. Fitzgerald
Comfort Inn--Lima, Ohio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ohio
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

In town for a night and looking for a cheaper room, so we stayed here. Due to construction to the interchange and highway I felt I was in a warzone.

It looks like it will be like this for awhile. No problems with noise at night however. I can't really comment in staff, I checked in, checked out and that was about it. Rooms were OK, bed OK. I didn't hear any neighboring rooms which is always a plus, however there weren't alot of people staying there.

I would probably look at the Howard Johnson one exit south for a bargain option as it used to be a Holiday Inn Holidrome and tons of places to eat

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

My plans changed so I called and cancelled my reservations. But the person who took my call did not cancel my reservations and I was charged anyway. The Manager now refuses to remove the charges from my card. I will never stay at a comfort inn again!

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Customer M
Comfort-Inn-Lima-OH, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about your experience. This topic will be very informative for all travelers. When a reservation is cancelled all hotels provide a verbal cancellation number, and most can email or mail the cancellation if requested. It is strongly recommended that guest keep this for their records in case they are accidently charged by the hotel (which can occur). If a guest is wrongly charged, we as well as other hotels will refund the charge if a cancellation number is provided. I am not sure exactly sure who you are because of the anonymous nature of this website, but the date you indicated on your stay was June 2013. I have not received any calls recently about any charges that were wrongly made during that time. I can be contacted at 419-228-4251 and my name is Julie Fitzgerald, I am the GM of this Lima hotel and will be happy to assist you.

Travelers are raving about these Lima hotels

Rochester Hills, Mi
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The motel is older and tries to be good but has some shortcomings. We did not have hot water in the shower. Breakfast was so-so. The biggest problem we had was with a couple of big, tattooed guys banging on our door after 9:00pm, apparently looking for the previous occupant who owed them money for a delivery. They came in through a side door that is not locked until midnight (so we were told). The front staff responded promptly to our call. Definitely need to improve their security. They did not make any adjustment for the lack of hot water.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Port Perry, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel is easy to find, right off highway. Not much around it. We took a cab (10 bucks) to town to eat as there was nothing around the hotel. Hotel was clean and cheap. Good for the night. Stay in Findley, it's about 45 minutes north and has everything.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Comfort-Inn-Lima-OH, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are pleased you mentioned your room accommodations were clean and affordable. As you mentioned there are limited dining selections at our exit a 24-Hour Waffle House (within walking distance), and just a mile west on State Route 81 a Subway and a local favorite pizza establishment Fat Jacks. However just two miles south on I-75 (exit 125) there are multiple dining chain restaurants and fast food options as well. We have several pizza establishments and a Chinese restaurant Hunan Garden that will deliver food to the room. We would also like to let future travelers know that there is road constuction at our exit (exit 127) and at (exit 125), but drivers can still get to hotels and business establishments at both exits. We hope that you will decide to lodge with us in the future.
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Have never stayed at a comfort inn before but was very impressed. The room was really cheap for a jacuzzi tub room on a weekend ans was a very clean room. Room wasn't old everything was updated. Check in was quick and easy.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank romex4826
Hayward, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Only stayed one night, but was a pleasant experience. Clean room, friendly front desk staff. Used a coupon from a Hotel Coupon book we got at a rest area on the turnpike and saved $20 off the room. Housekeeping walked in twice (once I was in the shower), saying they were told we checked out when we hadn't which was really annoying. There is currently road construction around this hotel, but it was no big deal. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple