Fairfield Inn & Suites Lima
  • Breakfast included
Great 4.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsstreet sidefree breakfasttrain hornsstaff were politein townupdated roomsaround midnightfirst floorhotel is locatedfamily reunionfresh fruitup to datebed was comfortablekristianorientationohiodesk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was clean enough. The staff were friendly & on top of things. However, I awakened to bed bugs and one was physically on me. I would not recommend this hotel because of that reason. We took one of the bugs to the front desk & reported the problem. Hopefully, they will exterminate & no other customers will be affected.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank MrsETS
LimaFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lima, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Please accept my apologies for the issues that you experienced during your stay. We are proactive in taking care of these issues and all cases are investigated by Ecolab to ensure that our guests feel comfortable staying with us.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stopped at this hotel for a quick rest on the way to Indiana. It is not convenient to I-75 but we were cutting across the state at this point so it was still on our destination path. The hotel is just your average Fairfield Inn. What made this hotel a great stop for us was the woman who checked us in on a Friday night around midnight. She couldn't do enough for us. We needed a roll-a-way bed -- she got it. We needed more towels -- those were immediately provided. We were hoping to find a Red Box location -- she gave us directions to the closest one. She was friendly, quick, and efficient. When you arrive at a hotel after being on the road for hours, you really appreciate friendly efficient service. Breakfast was good too!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank thesportsmom
Reviewed October 7, 2012

When I saw this was 5 miles off I-75, I was mistakenly thought we would be on a highway for these 5 miles, not driving through sketchy neighborhoods and making multiple turns. My husband swears he saw a hooker on our way there. Once you get to the hotel, it is located in the "nice" end of town that has all the shopping and restaurants from what we could tell.

I had reward points so I'm not sure how this measures up to the rate charged. The desk clerks were both friendly and polite. We didn't use the pool but it looked clean. The rooms and lobby have obviously been recently updated and were very clean. The bed didn't suit my husband but I thought it was okay. My husband enjoyed the breakfast and thought they had a good selection. The tv seemed to be high quality, I'm not even sure why I noticed this but it stuck with me. The ice/vending is only on the first floor, which isn't a huge deal but some people might care.

As previously stated by other reviewers this hotel is on a very busy road and next to a train. We woke up a number of times that night, but I was never sure if it was a loud car, siren or train. Whomever said people in Lima don't have mufflers was not exactly lying, there seemed to be a large amount of extra loud cars. And the traffic never really seemed to lessen as the night wore on. There also seemed to be a large amount of light in the room. The light around the windows was pretty normal for that kind of hotel, but the light under the door was a lot plus you have the LED lights from the microwave and alarm clock. It was brighter than what I prefer.

Overall I really liked the hotel and will return if we ever have an actual reason to be in Lima, but not sure I'd just pick that location again during a road trip.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sabinebaby
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Stayed here due to a promotion with Marriott, and we had no regrets. It was a very clean and well kept hotel. Check in and out were about as quick and as easy as they can be. While the hotel looks like an older Fairfield, the inside is perfectly in-line with the newest Fairfields. The hotel was quiet so we could get the rest we needed. We were moving, and found the parking lot to be well lit and secure. We had no concerns about parking our moving truck there. The hotel staff were not even remotely bothered by us putting a large truck in the parking lot. Despite being 10 minutes off I-75, we will definitely be back if we're passing through.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2012

It's your basic hotel room, clean and no frills, free breakfast. The train went by about 5am blowing it's whistle. It is right next door to UNOH which made it very convenient for our trip to explore the college. Mall and plenty of restaurants close by.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family