“Good Hotel, Great Staff”
Review of Hampton Inn Lima

Hampton Inn Lima
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My son, husband, and I stayed overnight at the Lima Hampton on our way back to Chicago. We've stayed in quite a few Hamptons in the last few years since my husband is a Hilton Gold Member, so we are well aware of the hotel's amenities. The bathrooms in the rooms have been recently renovated and are very nice. However, I can't give the rooms an excellent rating because the thermostats on the heating units are linked to the outside temperature. That meant that we could not cool the room so we could sleep better. Really? Linked to the outside? I know that has nothing to do with the staff, but who in the Hilton chain made that decision?

The staff was very cordial and accommodating. I really liked the lady who took care of the breakfast area. She was a ray of sunshine that Sunday morning. The lady at the desk was very helpful as well especially when I told her I was a Trip Advisor reviewer! Seriously, I would be, too, if I knew I was talking to a reviewer!

This hotel is nestled in the middle of several restaurants including Texas Roadhouse and Olive Garden. You literally go from one parking lot to the next. After a hard day driving, that is an added plus.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room on the opposite side from the interstate. We literally heard nothing all ni...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
lisa g, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Lima, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent visit to our hotel. We want every guest, everytime to enjoy the wonderful experience at the Hampton Inn of Lima. Its guest like you that keep us going the extra mile. We hope that on your next trip you will choose the Hampton Inn of Lima as your stopping point. Again, thank you for your kind words and partronage.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Above average for a Hampton Inn. Room was clean, breakfast was good and the staff was friendly. Mattress was a little soft for my taste, but everyone is different. I was pleasantly surprised at my overall satisfaction.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
lisa g, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Lima, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn as your choice hotel. We appreciate your comments and concerns related to our property. All of our staff enjoys taking pride in their jobs and making every guest everytime feel special. Its guests like you that make our day. Again, we thank you and hope that you will return to the Hampton Inn-Lima whenever in the area so that we can continue to demonstate our committment to your comfort.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Great group rate, saved us some money over the regular rate. Very clean, pool and hot tub very clean, check in and check out very quick, the staff was friendly and helpful, breakfast was the standard hotel breakfast, would have liked more talbes in the breakfast area

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The hotel is clean and well located . Just off I 75 and has many restaurants close by with different type of menus.
The first room given to us on the m ain floor was too close to the vending machines which were very noisry . The upper floor room was good and quiet.Lobby is nice , pool area looked great and the breakfast was good
Staff are polite and attentive
I would stay in this hotel again if i am in the area.

Room Tip: Stay away ffrom the vending machines on the first floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
lisa g, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Lima, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

We really appreciate your taking the time to share your positive comments about your recent stay with us. We want our guests to expect a friendly and efficient staff, clean rooms, and to enjoy the comfortable surroundings that we provide here at the Hampton Inn. We feel that we offer the best value in Lima. With your positive compliments, you've made our day. It is guests like you that make our job the most enjoyable and keep us going the extra mile to serve you.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and we do appreciate your comments concerning our hotel and staff. Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Hampton Inn Staff
Lima, Ohio

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Great example of a Hampton Inn. They are remodelling the bathrooms and they are lovely. The indoor pool is great. The Breakfast is really good. No problems at all with this hotel. The beds are wonderful. There are several restaurants near by....and it is nice and near the I-75. No problems with this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TinyTom01
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights on business (can't think of any other reason to go to Lima - no really, I couldn't find any historical or cultural sites, or attractions while I was there). In any case, the Hampton Inn is convenient to route 75, the room I had was clean and the bed was comfortable. The wifi worked very well. Currently, they are redoing all the bathrooms, so the first floor rooms were not in use, but that didn't impact my stay. I believe my bathroom had already been redone as it looked very shiny and new, although the toilet paper handle kept falling off.
There's an indoor pool that is pretty small, but enough to sort of do laps if you're desperate, and I had it to myself at all times.
Oddly enough, although the hotel was smoke free, the 4th floor where my room was, smelled like cigarettes.
The staff in reception and running the breakfast are very friendly.
The breakfast itself is mediocre, but one can make do. Everything hot is factory pre-prepared so I suggest skipping the eggs as they were like yellow rubber. But if you're okay with simple (cereal and yogurt), you'll be fine.
I have one quibble with the hotel: tea. Along with coffee, hot water and tea bags are provided in the lobby. However, the tea selection ran the gamut from odd to poor. For caffeinated tea in the morning, the only option was some sort of fruity crap that makes milk curdle. Please, include some straightforward, simple black tea. A nice Earl Grey. Or maybe an Irish Breakfast or Darjeeling. Don't rely on the Celestial Seasonings variety pack.

Room Tip: First floor rooms likely to have lots of noise from the common areas.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Great location with food within walking distance. The pool area was super clean. There were signs about remodeling being done in the hotel but I never heard anything and the hallways were really clean a free of debris. This Hampton is really a great place to stay and the free breakfast was super.

Room Tip: Double queen beds slept 3 adult size people very comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family