“Really good food”

Buck's Bar and Grill
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 7, 2014

This is always busy and the food is always good. They have a large menu with lots to choose from. It looks small when you first walk in but there is a large room in the back. Great place to take your family.

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I've been to bucks twice in the past month. Once for dinner and once for dessert. Several improvements were noted. Lake Perch was added back to the menu, and my family enjoyed it. This was very important because Bucks lacked local flair or signature dishes. The return to this classic local dish is welcome progress. Additionally, bucks has remodeled. The back room is more maturely decorated. The new ownership is definitely moving things in the right direction.
If you have not visited bucks in a few years, I recommend giving it another try.

My suggestions that remain for Bucks:

Put some seating upstairs, even if just a few seats near the front. The back dining room is still so dark with no windows, and the front is all pub.

Get an allergen menu and train the staff on gluten allergies. I have celiac disease, and there is almost nothing I can eat at bucks.

All in all, definitely a nice place which has improved. Worth a visit.
All

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I appreciate the idea that the new owners are attempting to "up scale" this neighborhood spot but it's not working for me. I would never think of coming here for lobster ravioli or surf & turf. It has always had the casual dining menu and the atmosphere continues to dictate that, it's not a fine dining bistro. And the new owner delivered that message loud and clear when the couple we were dining with asked for forks with their dessert and not the spoons she brought out. She reached over between my husband and I and took the fork that was on the table between us and gave it to the person we were with! We were completely jaw dropping shocked. I have never seen such an act and to think the owner did that!! The food was good, for a burger, chicken tenders, however, the ribs have downgraded. Sorry, the once "go to" for a quick dinner has totally lost my interest.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Bucks is supposed to be the modern reincarnation of the once famous "Greasy Spoon" Bucks who's lore is legendary. I would expect the place to have invested heavily in racing memorabilia after the original place burnt to the ground. Instead it's a somewhat attractive block building that has been horribly laid out and serves food that seems to have come out of the Mrs. T's packages at the Walmart. Upon approaching Bucks you will find yourself shuffled from what you would assume is the main entrance down a narrow sidewalk to a dark rear entrance. You will have the opportunity to hang you coat in the foyer where anyone could come up and take it. You will then walk inside and be seated at what I can only describe as the most underwhelming dining room for 10 miles. Cheap Unimpressive racing pictures and a few other things are spottily laid out on the walls clearly with little or no seance of decor or eclectic organization. There are NO windows, and a few small TVs in the corners that are way too high to watch comfortably. There is also an odd mixture of Ohio State things on the walls and a few items from local high schools..... But it's all laid out so poorly that the Applebee's 6 miles away does actually seem like more of a neighborhood bar and grill. The food is awful. Plain and simple awful. Almost nothing on the menu is good with the possible exception of reasonably well implemented sweet potato fries. Back in the past they used to have what was at least a good looking Lake Erie perch fish and chips. Now the perch looks as if it is from none other than Mrs. T. The service is hit or miss, but generally ok. The tables are plain, and the chairs are average. I could go on and on.... But I think you get the point. I hope the new owners use their heads and lay the place out different. The upstairs clearly has a better view.... Use it. Not to be 100 percent Debbie downer, the Bar in the front is pretty good. They always have Dortmonder on tap, and it is a nice place to hang out after a football game. It should be open on Sundays too.

1  Thank LexingtonOhio7
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I was not thoroughly impressed with the food. It was good, but it was not a very good value in my opinion.

Maybe I need to try something else off the menu because their ribs and chicken just did not do it for me.

A group not far from me got some sort of a sub and that looked delicious.

Note if you come here in a race weekend...it gets more than crazy.