“I know Italian beef done Chicago style”

Wholly Joe's Chicago Eatery - Polaris
Ranked #4 of 46 Restaurants in Lewis Center
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Wadsworth, Ohio
“I know Italian beef done Chicago style”
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

And this was most definitely right up there. Having grown up on the South side of Chicago - I've had more than my fair share of Italian beefs and Wholly Joes is right there.

Great tender beef - check nice crusty roll - check great ajus - check - I add mozzarella to mine to make it more fun. Their tamales while not the brand I'm used to certainly more than lived up to my expectations. And the Chicago style dogs - they nailed it - right down to the poppy seed buns.

When, not if I go back I'd love to try their deep dish pizza. Yes Wholly Joes you were worth the 90 minute drive to be transported to a real Chicago style hot dog and beef joint in the middle of Ohio. Well done !

Delaware, Ohio
“good stuff”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

this is a hot dog/pizza joint.. order at a counter and sit til they call your number kind of place.
My daughter LOVES their chicago style hot dog. The italian beef is very tasty.
We have ordered the chicago pizza also. The chicago style pizza is a 45 minute process.. so call ahead.. good hot cheesy pizza.

• Visited May 2014
Delaware, Ohio, United States
“If you're looking for Chicago pizza look elsewhere”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This review is based solely on the Chicago deep dish pizza. Deep dish pizza does not make it a "Chicago style" pizza. A Chicago style pizza should have airy buttery crust, this pizza crust is neither. It is hard, flavorless, and not at all buttery. The amount of cheese they put on is ridiculous. I like cheese, but the amount they use is disgusting. We dished the pizza out, and the run off of cheese was at least the size of a baseball when balled up. That was just the run off from one slice. The sauce they are using is a good chunky Chicago style marinara, but that is honestly the only thing this pie had going for it. We didn't try the Italian beef or the hot dogs, but based on the pizza we won't be running back to try either one. If you want a Chicago style pizza check out Uno's in Dublin it's the only place in central ohio to offer a true Chicago deep dish pizza.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Erica E
“Yum!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Ok, I am NOT a hot dog person, BUT I LOVE the hot dogs here! I also swoon for the lemon cake. I heard that their chocolate cake has won blue ribbons, but I am not a chocolate cake person either :-\ This is a pretty cool hangout for about any age group. I have heard that their Chicago-style pizza is great, but it takes time so order in advance. I will try the pizza one day...if I can order something else other than their chili cheese dog ;-)

• Visited July 2012
Delaware, Ohio
“Great Chicago Beef”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

If you go here you need to try their Chicago beef sandwich. It flavorful and great tasting!Pleasant atomshere and a friendly staff

Visited August 2012