“Feels like a resort!”

Nationwide Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lewis Center
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 26, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for the first time for a quick overnight business trip and expected good, but found great! I got in late and decided to take a walk to relax and I felt like I was at a resort! The staff was wonderful and the hotel and room was beautifully decorated and super clean! I would recommend this hotel over any brand name in the area!

Room Tip: The King Parlors are worth the extra money!
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Kathyrn B, General Manager at Nationwide Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share with others your experience at NorthPointe Hotel and Conference Center. We are happy to hear that we exceeded your every expectation. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again upon your next visit to Columbus. All My Best, Kathyrn Burton, General Manager

Reviewed August 18, 2014

I just read Doug V's review (from Erie, PA) of this hotel and could more or less write the exact same thing. I was traveling alone after spending a week at my sister's down south, and I booked a room in Columbus through Hotwire as somewhat of a "more than halfway" point back to my home in Michigan. I was definitely worried that I might have been lost as I was trying to find the hotel, but it was certainly a treasure worth discovering. The layout of the buildings was very charming, with beautiful landscaping and a lovely brick walkway in front of the main lobby.

When I got into my room, I thought at first that for $79.00, I must have missed that it was a sofa sleeper bed only, as I found myself staring at a sectional couch and no bed. Then I got past the open door as I was dragging in my bags and saw this beautiful bedroom to my left with two queen beds, separated from what I realized was actually a sitting room in this beautiful suite. The sitting room had its own TV and a very large desk to accommodate any business needs, and of course there was free Wi-fi. There was a coffee service as well as a microwave and refrigerator.
The bedroom area was separated by closet type doors that could be closed to avoid disturbing anyone trying to sleep as another person may have needed to work.

Every single staff member provided excellent service and the utmost professional courtesy, right down to room service. I, too, wish I could have stayed longer in this beautiful room, but I did have to be up and back on the road early the next day. However, it was a wonderful place to land after a long day on the road, and I would recommend it to anyone. One of the best places I've had the pleasure to stay.

There is only an outdoor pool, for anyone traveling in the winter with little ones, and the hotel is pretty well off the beaten path, but I highly recommend it as a peaceful and enjoyable respite if you find yourself in need of a place to stay in the area.

Room Tip: I would probably stay on the 2nd floor, simply because I prefer to not have the sound of anyone in a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Mary W
Kathyrn B, General Manager at Nationwide Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Mary W:

I am so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay at NorthPointe Hotel and Conference Center. I love how you chose us, and hope that we are "midway" to your future stops as well. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. Thank you for your business, and your kind remarks. All My Best, Kathyrn Burton, General Manager

Reviewed August 17, 2014

I booked this hotel for a quick trip to Columbus to attend a wedding. I got an outstanding rate on Hotwire. I chose it based on it being highly ranked on Tripadvisor. I wasn't familiar with the hotel, and was concerned that it looked a little far from the action on the map.

My initial impressions were somewhat mixed. The largest, closest parking lot was closed for repair work, so the parking was very tight. And my reservation was incorrectly entered in the system. But they did an outstanding job at the reception of sorting out the reservation error and before long I was on my way up to my room.

I was not expecting my room to be a suite, though! Two beautiful rooms and a spacious bathroom. The furnishings are clean and comfortable, and everything was immaculate. There were many amenities, including all the usuals such as microwave and refrigerator, as well as free internet and even a free breakfast voucher.

Unfortunately, I didn't have much time to enjoy the room. I had to leave pretty soon for the wedding, and by the time I got back I was tired and just went to bed. I slept late and checked out early, so I can't comment on how good the breakfast was or how well the internet worked, because I didn't use them. But I can say that the bed was comfortable, with a good variety of pillows, and I got a great night's sleep. I would happily return to this hotel next time I'm in the Columbus area, and hopefully get to spend a little more time there.

If I could find anything to criticize, it was minor. It would be nice if the property was just a little closer to the action. The Polaris area is a few minutes in one direction, but there didn't appear to be anything interesting immediately nearby. And the louvers over the windows let just a little too much light in during the morning. Some blackout shades or curtains would be a nice addition. But other than that, it was an awesome stay and I very much look forward to returning.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo

Doug V:

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review regarding your recent stay at NorthPointe Hotel and Conference Center. I wanted to share with you that our parking lot that was closed is actually the site in which our new hotel development is taking place, as we are adding 74 additional guest rooms to our footprint due to our growing occupancy. I apologize if the parking lot closure was inconvenient, but it sounds as if that obstacle was quickly overcome by our facilities and our team's service delivery. Please stay with us again when traveling to Columbus, we would love to have the opportunity to serve you again, as we truly appreciate your business. All My Best, Kathyrn Burton, General Manager

Reviewed August 14, 2014

Stayed here for a work convention for 5 days. Front desk staff were very courteous. Maid staff twice were outside my room arguing/complaining about various work issues. The room was nice. Some of the fixtures were a little dated. Conference room was top notch and the event staff took very good care of us. Food at the restaurant was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Kathyrn B, General Manager at Nationwide Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay at NorthPointe Hotel and Conference Center. Thank you for pointing out how beautiful our property is, in addition to the multiple aspects of our service and facilities that you enjoyed during your time with us. I would also like to sincerely apologize any inconvenience the conversations between our team members caused during your stay. We have shared your review with our team, and they apologize for the perception caused that was less than satisfactory. In spite of this, we truly hope that you will choose NorthPointe as your hotel of choice upon future visits to Columbus. All My Best, Kathyrn Burton, General Manager

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We got a good deal on Priceline. This hotel is great. The beds are comfy and the breakfast is outstanding. The only problem we had was the traffic to Columbus. There was construction which closed one lane. Hope this is finished now or will be soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review regarding your recent stay at NorthPointe Hotel and Conference Center. We truly appreciate your business and vote of confidence shared with others online. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again. All My Best, Kathyrn Burton, General Manager

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Stayed here for a conference back in April. The hotel and conference center were beautiful and the wait staff were super friendly. The breakfast and lunch buffets had a great selection. The rooms are spacious and decorated nicely. There are so many wnonderful things to say about this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Kathyrn B, General Manager at Nationwide Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review regarding your conference experience at NorthPointe! I was particularly impressed that you attended an event here in April, and were still thinking about us in August! We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Thank you for your vote of confidence as the place to meet and stay in Columbus. All My Best, Kathyrn Burton, General Manager

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Normally we stay in Mt. Vernon for the IndyCar race, but lo & behold, they were sold out. We stayed at this hotel two years ago for a wedding and decided to try again. The place is gorgeous. Fresh flowers & landscaping, clean, very nice people. Close to everything. We will be back.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Good day! I was tickled to read your review as I did not realize we were a desirable location to stay for race enthusiasts attending events at Mid-Ohio! Thank you for staying a little farther out so that you could experience NorthPointe again. We truly understand that you have a choice in making your decision where to stay, and are thankful that you thought of and chose to stay at NorthPointe. We hope to see you again in the near future. All My Best, Kathyrn Burton, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewis Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway
Comfort Inn North Polaris
Comfort Inn North Polaris
#39 of 144 in Columbus

Been to Nationwide Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!