“A Nice Step Back in History”

The Golden Lamb Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Golden Lamb Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 64 Restaurants in Lebanon
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Description: The Golden Lamb is recognized as the oldest continuously operating business in the State of Ohio. On December 23, 1803, Jonas Seaman spent $4 for a license to operate a "house of Public Entertainment." The Golden Lamb got its name due to the fact that many early pioneers could not read, so giving a business a name that could be easily drawn and recognized, such as the Black Horse or Golden Lamb, was a necessity.The brick building where the Golden Lamb moved to and currently resides was built in 1815. The original building was a two story structure located where our lobby area and Dickens dining room currently stand. In 1844 a third story was added. Shortly after, in 1854 a three story wing was added which is where our Shaker and Buckeye room dining rooms currently stand. In 1878, a fourth story was added to accomodate the workers who would bring the railroad to Lebanon. The gift shop and Black Horse Tavern were added to the structure in 1964.The Golden Lamb was visited by so many prominent guests in the early 1800's because it was located halfway between Cincinnati and the National Road (U.S. 40). Robert H. Jones' ownership of the property beginning in 1926 marked the transformation of the old hotel into the great attraction and marvelous restaurant it is today. Under their guidance, the inn's great reputation became well known throughout the country. Their ownership also marked the restoration of the hotel to its original name, The Golden Lamb.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

As other reviewers have said a visit to The Golden Lamb is always interesting. We went for Mothers Day and I definitely recommend getting reservations. They have several dining areas and for special events all are pretty well full. Service was fast and friendly, and the food was good. We have visited several times and the Bar is a good choice for lunch if you just want a light meal. The restaurant is situated downtown and is surrounded by antique stores so you have somewhere to walk off your meal!

There are newer reviews for The Golden Lamb Restaurant

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I went to this restaurant with a group so they were ready for us when we arrived on a Tuesday evening. The whole experience was wonderful. Their home-made dressing was so good that I had to buy some to take home. Then we had a Duroc pork chop, rice, and green beans that had a bit of honey taste to them. The rolls were especially delicious with their home-made apple butter(I also bought some of that too). For dessert we ate Shake Sugar Pie which I loved although it was sweet. It was garnished with fresh whipped cream.
When I was done eating I went upstairs-all 4 floors-to look at their rooms and they are decorated so nicely. They are all named after prominent people. All in all a memorable evening.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

The Golden Lamb has a lot of history. Its worth a visit to Lebanon to check out along with everything else in Lebanon. Make reservations to make sure you get a seat when you want to go!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

The restaurant at the Golden Lamb Inn is a simply charming historic hotel restaurant that always delights. We had an early Mother's Day dinner here on the Saturday night before. Started with the relish sampler, which includes some wonderful watermelon pickles. Three in our group thought our meals were perfect (the roast turkey, lamb meatloaf and scallops), though two others found theirs a tad too salty (roast duck and salmon, both with orzo that was particularly salty). Still, a wonderful evening in a lovely place!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

My sister and I stayed at the Golden Lamb in May, 2013. We bought the dinner/hotel stay package, which enabled us to not only stay at the Inn but to have an appetizer to share, any entree, a bottle of wine and dessert at the restaurant. My sister said that her filet mignon was the best she ever had, and she is very particular. I had smoked chicken. It wasn't even on the menu but I had it for lunch and it was so good that I asked them if I could have it for dinner. I wanted to save some of it for breakfast so the waitress wrapped it up and put it in the restaurant cooler for me. In all, the food at the Inn was just lovely. I'd eat there again in a heartbeat.