“Great service. Very clean. Good value. More of a Tavern/Steakhouse than a sportsbar.”
Review of The Patriot Steakhouse & Tavern - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: SR 42 @ SR 48 Bypass
Lebanon, Ohio
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This restaurant is a gem in the small town of Lebanon, Ohio and we are lucky to have it. Good food and beverages at reasonable prices. They have several TV's for those of you who like that. The salads are always fresh and crisp and I love their ranch dressing. The dinner rolls they bring with real butter right after you are seated are very good...I tend to overeat those. My 2 favorite meals (and in my opinion the best value) are the tilapia and the chicken fingers. They have a honey mustard sauce that is excellent for the chicken. The portions are generous. They have many sides to choose from including seasonal vegetables. The owners really care about their customers and they offer specials for military members. Try it. You won't be disappointed.

1 Thank Debbie C

Ohio
“Overpriced, tasteless steak.”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We had dinner there last Friday. My NY strip 'steak' was delivered sitting in a puddle of grease. It was cooked perfectly, but had no taste other than the overload of salt on it. No beef flavor at all. M wife's pork tenderloin was overcooked and bone-dry (ordered med-rare).
There has been no reply to comments posted to their website so it is obvious that customer satisfaction is zero priority.
Over-priced with poor food. We won't be back.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank RKBOhio
Cincinnati
“Patriot a fun place to eat”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The Patriot, with its unabashedly patriotic theme, is a great place for steak or seafood. It's pricey, perhaps too much so for some small town folk, but the food is good and abundant for those who don't want to travel to Cincinnati or Dayton for dinner. It's a small, bustling, noisy place for a robust party, not the intimate out-of-the-way dark corner for romantic conversation. Dress is casual and sometimes they even squeeze in a couple of musicians.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank IJLK
Lebanon, Ohio
“Not going back”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Thought I'd treat my family and thought this would be a nice place since the online menu looked good...pricy but good. So we splurged. I ordered the "Ronald Reagan" Cowboy Certified Angus Ribeye (18 oz.) not realizing it was $34 until after I ordered...but still, I thought, maybe it is that good. My wife ordered the cheapest steak at $20 (strip) and my daughter ordered corn dogs and "sweet corn". Our salads were fine...but that's where "fine" stops.

Where do I start with the rest? I'll start with my daughter's corn dogs. Hot on the outside but the dogs themselves were nearly FROZEN still. How do you mess up corn dogs? And her bowl of "sweet corn" was almost brown from way too much pepper and onion. I took one bite of it and it took my breath away how spicy it was. My steak was good...but aged...maybe a little too much. My wife's strip steak, ordered med-rare, was med-rare on one side but almost medium on the other.

I had to call the waiter over - and send my daughter's plate back for new corn dogs and a new side which was a baked potato - they didn't have fries - which didn't bother me. What bothers me is that she didn't get to eat while my wife and I continued our meals to keep from eating cold food.

What bothers me the most is you would think they would have credited the $3.99 for my daughter's meal...but no. Even after I told the waiter that I was disappointed that they didn't, he said "oh well, at least we replaced it!". Oh well is right. Oh well...we won't be back.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank ncstewart
Monroe, Ohio
“Fantastic Food.”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is my favorite restaurant! We first ate there upon a recommendation from an employee. I have eaten steaks there and they were excellent. However, once I tried the ribs, that is all that I will order. They are perfect. I did not think that I would be able to eat a full slab the first time that I tried them, but they were so good that I finished the whole thing and the two sides that came with it. It is a local bar/restaurant so the atmosphere is a little louder than most fine dining, but the food and the extensive wine list make it a good experience. I have eaten there about 6 times now and have not had anything but great food and service.

• Visited August 2012