“Nice and Clean”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lebanon
Mansfield, Ohio
“Nice and Clean”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

This is a very high priority for me. The room were clean and so was the bathroom. I was told that all the rooms were remodeled 2 years ago. The staff was friendly and the pool was also very clean. A nice, quiet clean place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Connie R

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Ann Arbor, MI
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Ups = The price is not too bad, we stayed in the biggest suite. Didn't really feel like a "great" deal. No complaints on the cleanliness of the rooms, (hard to say these days), Lebanon has all the conveniences you need. Kroger, Walmart, fast food, coffee, etc... About 15 minutes to Kings Island.
Downs = The kids reported that the swimming pool had salt water in it. Huh? The location/setting is not exactly a family/cozy getaway. A little off the beaten path. The private room within the suite did not have AC. Also, the bathroom was located in this room so everyone had to enter through this room to get to the bathroom. Was that a double bed? Yes.

All in all, it was OK. Would I stay there again? We'll probably consider other properties next time.

Room Tip: If price and cleanliness are the major concerns, this is a good choice.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank table45
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed August 26, 2011

OK, so no one actually would, but the rooms are that clean.

I have driven by motels when traveling and always thought to myself "I wonder who would stay there?" Now that I have stayed at the Shaker Inn I won't be so snobby and quick to judge =)

We were in Ohio to move our son into school, of course I waited until the last minute to get a hotel and of course because it was Move In Weekend at the school there wasn't a decent hotel room available within 20 miles of campus. My husband's family was originally from Lebanon, we have been there many times, it's an awesome little town so we decided to just stay there. I had seen great reviews for the Shaker Inn on Trip Advisor we figured I'd give it a shot.

The reviews are absolutely correct, first of all you can't beat the price. When we pulled up the first thing I noticed was how neat and clean the grounds are, hanging flower baskets outside the rooms, cute tables and umbrellas around the pool. I don't know what we were expecting, motel snobs that we apparently were :) ,but we were relieved to see that the room was as "normal" as other hotel rooms. Flat screen TV, free wireless, large refridgerator (that you can actually fit more than 2 cans in). Our room did not have a microwave, we wouldn't have used it anyway so I never asked if other rooms do or not.

Good sized room, the bathroom is pretty small but only the shower and toilet are in there, the sink is outside the door, but not in a weird way, you've seen the set up before. Bring your own blow dryer, they do not provide one in the room. Again the room is unbelievably clean, if you stay there just look in the corners and the bathroom fan, always red flags to me but I'm not kidding, my own house isn't that clean.

If I had to come up with a con it would be that while our room did have a deadbolt, there was not a chain lock on the door, not a deal breaker for me though, I felt very safe. The other thing is that there are actual bedspreads on the bed, while it probably doesn't bother most people, it is a "thing" with me, I just skeeve. I'd rather have the duvet style "hotel" bedding, but the mattresses there are very comfortable and judging from the rest of the place I'm sure the bedspreads are immaculate as well.

The Shaker Inn is family owned and it shows. Their pride of ownership is reflected through out the property. If you are on a budget or even if you are not, you can't go wrong here.

Did I mention how clean it was?

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank SeaMonkies
Sidney, Oh
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I also stayed here based on reviews. It is a very clean and updated motel. Our room had a very nice flat screen tv, king size bed (a little on the firm side), and a nice refrigerator. The lady that was in the office the days we were there is the owner's daughter. Her mom has owned the place for 35 years and done a great job of keeping the rooms spotless and it simply doesn't have that cheap motel feel to it. The rooms are very reasonably priced and Lebanon is a great little town. Don't hesitate to stay here.

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jwilmath
Missouri
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Based on other TripAdvisor reviews, we chose the Shaker Inn for an overnight stay in Lebanon. Manager was friendly and helpful. Room with small kitchenette was clean and spacious. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom modern. Exterior appearance of the inn was that of a 1950s motel, but very well maintained. Priced at less than $70, it was a real bargain.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WallyMissouri
Keystone Heights, Florida
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Based on Trip Advisor reviews, we booked this motel to be near Kings Island Amusement Park. We ended up staying only one night, but I wish we could have stayed longer.

It was clean, the staff was very friendly and the newly-renovated room was extremely nice. It is situated on a main road leading into historic Lebanon, which was very cute. We didn't use the pool, but the pool area seemed very tidy.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank tsantillo
Hudson, Ohio
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Updated rooms, comfy beds. Great value. Kind staff. We were a group of 3 adult women and 8 teenage girls on a ziplining trip. Highly recommend it; would return in a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank NKFHudson_Ohio
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati-Mason
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mason/Kings Island
Baymont Inn & Suites Mason
Best Western Mason Inn
Quality Inn & Suites Mason
Hampton Inn Cincinnati - Kings Island

Been to The Shaker Inn? Share your experiences!