“Company Christmas Party”

The Golden Lamb Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Lebanon B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This is a quiant little place. My husband's company had their Christmas party there - serving about 80 people. The food was good. The selections were chicken or beef. I had the chicken which was very moist - which normally at these kinds of group dinners - the chicken is very dry so I was very happy with my food. The decor is a little bold for my taste but it does capture the time when this hotel was in it's hey day. I was extremely surprised how big the place it because it does not look big from the street. There were other parties going on the same night and it was a Tuesday and they seemed to have all handled very well. I would definately look at this place for a group party in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Worth the trip into Lebanon to visit this historic Inn. Food, average, servings on the small side and prices on the high end.. ALLERGY ALERT! House Salad looked good but it was served with nuts...which is not mentioned on the menu.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank wvsam
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We have been eating at the Golden Lamb for years but this was, by far, our worst experience in the dinning room. We arrived promptly for our reservation on Thanksgiving eve after inquiring about the handicap parking. The lot in back is for handicap parking but there are several sets of staircases that have to be navigated to get to the restaurant. There are spaces in front that would eliminate the stairs. We both ordered the prime rib and my companion sent hers back because it wasn't cooked correctly. To be fair the manager came and offered to redo or replace the order. She did pick another item and it was okay. A side with the prime rib was mac & cheese that was in a ramekin with crumbs and it was mediocre with no detectable cheese flavor. The service was slow and the waiter had to be flagged down multiple times. It is sad to see the decline as the best lamb I have ever had was at the Golden Lamb several years ago. Lebanon is a great city with many local places to enjoy so there are many options.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The restaurant is in my husband's hometown, so we are in town many times a year. I have eaten there a couple of times, and the food was good, but not anything special. The prices are a little high, but it is interesting. It is fascinating to see who all has stayed there, including many famous people. The history is worth a visit, and while I have seen the rooms, I have not stayed there.

A lovely town, with many antiques shops, and other stores of interest. The historic district is worth a stop, and if there children in the party, see the depot, for train rides.

Room Tip: Enjoy the history, do not expect an extremely modern accomodation.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank shirleyalice
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We live close and enjoy the food with the newest management team and chef, so dining here is an easy decision. But we decided to try an overnight stay with friends for New Year's Eve. The Inn is old, the floors are uneven, and creaks abound, but the room was large, the accommodations very comfortable, and the staff outstanding. We ended up playing board games with friends who stayed in the Inn with us, but the Black horse Tavern in the Inn appeared to be hopping. The sleep was peaceful, and the breakfast was excellent.

Room Tip: We really liked the Rutherford B. Hayes room since it has a large sitting room that was probably onc...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SpringboroCouple
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is the oldest hotel in all of Ohio and was built around 1815. It is located in a very picture perfect town full of history. We didn't stay here but we did have a wonderful lunch in one of the historic dining rooms. This place is filled with artifacts from bygone days and you could spend hours wandering around the various rooms.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is the oldest hotel in Ohio. It has been maintained in peak condition. The rooms are filled with beautiful antique furniture. It makes for a nice couples get away. The room rate also makes this an incredible value. In addition, the restaurant is excellent. It has been over twenty years since my wife and I first came here and I'm sure future visits will be more frequent despite the fact that we live just over an hour away.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Comfort Suites - Kings Island
Drury Inn & Suites Middletown Franklin
The Shaker Inn
The Shaker Inn
#1 of 2 in Lebanon
Kirkwood Inn
Kirkwood Inn
#3 of 18 in Mason

Been to The Golden Lamb Inn? Share your experiences!