“Great service. Friendly staff. A nice step into history. Will come back again.”

The Golden Lamb Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Lebanon B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Nice job Incorperating some modern amenities and keeping within the history of the hotel

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank MDWeDW

Reviewed January 22, 2012

We loved the food, room, staff and history! The hotel staff was so helpful, the decor delightfully historical, the food was superb and the room was squeaky clean. The lobby had a music box playing by the fire as you drifted through and the rooms were a twitter with oohs and ahhs over the food being served. The bartender made you feel right at home, even though we were having coffee (excellent by the way). My husband had the salmon that out shined the salmon he had in Alaska. Our room on the top floor was top shelf, quiet, clean and with a new comfy mattress. We are looking for any excuse to go back.

Room Tip: top floor was the quietest as it is a 200 plus year old building and the floors squeak
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Terri T
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We have been going to the Golden Lamb during the holidays for quite a few years now and have loved the place. However, that affair is over. We (4 couples) were just there 12/10/11 for dinner with a 7:00PM reservation. Any other year we would be sat promptly and have a wonderful evening and great food. We were there in the bar an hour early to catch up and the starter was alerted. We got our table at 7:40PM and at that time the lobby was SRO. We were in the dining room between the lobby and the bar and the entire night the room was freezing and there was a lot of traffic. Ladies all had their coats on. The candles almost went out at times. One salad did not come out and was never delivered. One basket of 4 rolls came out and was never replenished. One of the ladies wanted water and had to go to the bar herself to get it. Apparently there were no water glasses. One refill in 2 hours at that table. Entres showed up at 8:45PM. The filet to the left of me , the salmon to the right and the lamb I ordered might have satisfied my appetiite. Child's portions, man-sized bill. The waitress was hard to find and made no apologies for the horrendous night. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY! MK

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Mike K
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Six girlfriends spent the night at The Golden Lamb. We had a delicious meal in the dining room and very comfortable beds. There is history all around, from the rooms which are named for important people who stayed there to the wonderful collection of lambs, to the very knowledgeable historian that comes around to the tables answering questions. There are antiques everywhere and an extensive collection of Shaker items. The rooms were charming and spacious. I was very surprised at how comfortable and updated everything was. We really enjoyed our time at this historic inn. We had a nice breakfast which was also included.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank jbinOhio
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Ohio Travel Deals had a special package for the Golden Lamb where for one price you would get a night at the inn and then a voucher for a dinner and breakfast. I have purchased several of these vouchers for several different hotels. The date on these packages has always been till the end of 2011. When I picked up the voucher today (November 4th), I saw that the expiration date was 11/01/2011! I am not sure why the dates are not consistent between the vouchers. Since I have been looking forward to this "retreat" for several months, I called the Golden Lamb Inn to see if we could extend the date till today or tomorrow (November 4 to 5) or any day of their choice. I was told emphatically that I should know the date and they would let me stay in a room overnight, but no dinner or breakfast which was part of the deal. The gentleman that I spoke with was brusque and that since everything was my fault, there was no grace period. It makes me wonder if they are under such financial pressure that a little tolerance is not a part of their customer service. I have enjoyed dinners at the inn in the past, but have a "bad" taste today.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
10  Thank mastergardener49
Reviewed October 2, 2011

This is a very novel Inn that offers a unique and historical experience.

*Rooms that famous people have stayed in such as Charles Dickens, Mark Twain, and over 13 Presidents of the United States
*Unique feel and style to the rooms that offer many antiques
*Tavern downstairs, which means it is safe to drink and then return to your room without having to worry about driving
*Romantic - nice couples retreat
*Lots of shopping and food in walking distance

Downside...
*Lots of tourists walk around the halls looking at the rooms, be certain to lock your door
*The rooms are on the small size
*The bathrooms are on the small size
*The food and drinks on the first floor are a little bit pricey
*I dont think there is wifi
*Not somewhere I would bring children - this is certainly an adult setting

Room Tip: Not for kids - this is an adult retreat. Get a room on the 3rd or 4th floor for better privacy.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OhioTea
Reviewed August 14, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Golden Lamb Inn in Lebannon OH. Yes, we would stay there again. Historical Inn, oldest in Ohio, so don't expect hot tubs, swimming pool, an elevator. Do expect privacy, a step back in history, a great staff, comfortable bed and large, private bathroom. Second floor balcony was a perfect place to spend a warm evening.

We would not recommend the restaurant. Although the food was good, but not exceptional, it was very overpriced. Complimentary coffee was not offered so we had to pay over four dollars for two coffees from the Tavern after the evening meal. Complimentary continental breakfast was good, but there was not hot food.

We would highly recommend The Golden Lamb Inn for a historical getaway.
Each room is named for a famous historical figure who has visited the Golden Lamb. You can request the room you would like by name.

Room Tip: Some rooms are larger than others, some are quieter, some have better views. Call ahead.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sknej
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Comfort Inn Monroe
Comfort Inn Monroe
#1 of 4 in Monroe
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mason/Kings Island
Comfort Suites - Kings Island
Hampton Inn Cincinnati - Kings Island
Best Western Mason Inn
Drury Inn & Suites Middletown Franklin

Been to The Golden Lamb Inn? Share your experiences!