“Macho burger” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Olde Cottage - CLOSED

The Olde Cottage
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
“Macho burger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

The macho burger is the best. We found it on the ipad when looking for a hometown place to eat! It is the least expensive place i ever ate this week on our trip'¡¡¡!!

• Visited October 2013

Aurora, Illinois
“Awesome hamburgers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

If you love cute little diners, this is your kind of place. We stopped in Lancaster on our way to a scenic drive through Hocking Hills national park. After seeing the reviews on line, I though it would be right up our alley. The reviews did not disappoint. One of, if not the best cheeseburgers I have ever had. My best friend agreed. No frills, just a good cheeseburger. The prices are unbelievably reasonable. You couldn't eat at McDonalds cheaper and the food is 1000 times better. I will go back every year when I take that drive.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Pickerington, Ohio
“Best Diner in Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I get lunch to go here probably at least 2-3 times a week. They know me by voice on the phone now. They've always been friendly, and the burgers are great. This is a good old-fashioned diner, but NOT a "greasy spoon". Value is excellent. They're not just good inexpensive burgers, though. Their reuben (turkey and regular), chicken salad sandwiches, and fish tail sandwiches are also all wonderful.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Darren M
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Double-Cheeseburger in the U.S.A.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

I've been going to this restaurant since I was 6 years old...54 years! It started with Cecil Fields, then went through some others until now owned by Carrie Hacker the past 15 or so years. Chef Carrie is one of the last of a dying breed...a short order chef who genuinely cares about her food and puts a ton of effort into it. One of several daily specials is the Double Cheeseburger special. A burger, toasted buns, slathered with melted cheese, with crinkle cut fries and a pop soda for $5.25. It's a plateful. But through the years, the burgers still taste the same because she's using 100% prime beef from Bay Meats. I bite into one of her burgers and I'm twelve years old again. The open face sandwiches with mashed potatoes and gravy are my wife's favorite, and she says the chilli's to die for. The restaurant closes at 3pm, so lunches are best. Carrie's pancakes with sausage are also to die for...home cooking at its finest with prices from the 20th century!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Robert W
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best diner with the friendliest atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

This is an old-fashioned diner with character and friendly folks, but the best part about it is the delicious food. The best burger anywhere, and the meal deals are great (especially the baked chicken dinner). Oh and did I mention their custard pie - the best I've ever tasted. To make things even better, the prices are so reasonable. Enjoy!!!

Visited June 2012