“A Pleasant Surprise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shaw's Restaurant

Shaw's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 143 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Columbus, Ohio
“A Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

My husband and I recently ate at Shaw's Restaurant while staying at Shaw's Inn. (I will be reviewing Shaw's Inn separately.) The food was outstanding. Other reviews I have read stated that the service was slow, the customer service wasn't that great, and the food was decent. My husband and I completely disagree. The service was great. Customer service was good, and the food was fantastic. Other reviews I have read stated that the pricing was high. My husband and I found the pricing to be comparable to eating at the Olive Garden. However, we found the food to be of a higher taste and quality than the Olive Garden. (We are actually big fans of the Olive Garden so this is quite a compliment.) Also, the value is rather good as you get delicious bread and cinnamon rolls, as well as generous portion sizes. We can't wait to go back!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Chops1971

Kentucky
“Great breakfast!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

Breakfast in the restaurant is complimentary for Inn guests, so my wife and I enjoyed a wonderful leisurely, and quiet breakfast on a snowy and cold Sunday morning. We slept well that night, and woke to the sounds of men preparing the church steps for services, after the snow early that morning. The Restaurant was almost empty because we were early, and we enjoyed a nice table with a view of the downtown area. The service was reserved, but nice, and we were not bothered, but we never wanted for anything either. The scrapple was perfect, and the Red Velvet pancakes were superb. We will go back, to try the supper menu. I was very impressed!!!

Visited January 2014
Wooster, Ohio
“OK and slow”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Service was slow. Slow to get menu, Slow to get drinks. Slow to get dinner. Food was decent. I want to write a better review but can't. Stayed at hotel so got breakfast with room. Breakfast was faster with better service.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Fairborn, Ohio
“Thanksgiving dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

We went to Shaw's with my wife's stepmother to celebrate Thanksgiving (worked well, no one needed to cook!) The restaurant had the traditional turkey, but also had ham, pork loin, chicken, Boston sole, prime rib and filet. We started with the artichoke gratin with crostinis. I was not impressed. The "gratin" was cream cheese, not a cheese/cream mix that I would have expected. The dish was also very salty. My wife and I had the roast pork loin with a bacon vinaigrette. The pork was very tasty, although a little dry. For sides, I had salad and cranberry sauce, my wife had the salad and mashed potatoes. The salad was mixed greens, tomatoes and croutons. My bleu cheese dressing was very good, my wife was disappointed in her buttermilk ranch. Her stepmom had the Boston sole and enjoyed it very much. She had the sweet potatoes and cranberry sauce. She enjoyed the sweet potatoes but didn't like the cranberry sauce. On the other hand, I thought the cranberry sauce was very good. For dessert, we had the Triple Threat Chocolate Cake and the pecan pie. The chocolate cake was dense, rich chocolate. I ate my piece and half my wife's. The pecan pie was also very good.

The wine list is extensive and varied. They also have a nice selection of craft beers and whiskies. The service was average but adequate.

• Visited November 2013
McMurray, PA USA
“Great place to stay and eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stopped here on our way home from St.Louis and found it to be a great choice. Room was
big, beautiful and cozy. Dinner was excellent as was the drink in the bar before dinner.

• Visited October 2013