“Rude!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

We made reservations for our child's birthday dinner as well as overnight accommodations far in advance. Explained to staff this was a huge event and that we had a large group bringing celebration items for the dinner. The day before our dinner and stay I went in to see where our party would be seated and where they would place their gifts and balloons. Was then hollored at by staff stating that nothing was allowed to ne bought into their dinning rooms. To no avail they stood firm so I had to cancel both reservations, they tried to charge me for cancelling. It was so rotten. They did us a favor. We saved tons of cash and had an excellent dinning experience at Tommy Waynes pizza in Amanda Ohio instead!!!

1  Thank stacicooperhoffmann

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Shaws has been the restaurant of choice for fine dining for more than forty years. Their menu offers the standard choices of steaks, chops, and seafood, but they also have unique feature menus to compliment them. You can find the specialty entrees at their site on line. The warm cinnamon rolls served as part of their breads are too, too good! They are scrumptious! Another great choice from the salad selection is the house specialty: greens with warm bacon dressing. Yummy. They have a fabulous wine list, and you can find a good wine that will not cost an arm and a leg. Plan on time to enjoy your meal. This is dining; kick back and enjoy one of the area's truly best.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I love this place. A little pricey but not really for what you get. A romantic escape in a great restaurant, food you usually don't find outside of Chicago, and an unbelievable wine list.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Because it promotes itself as 'High Class' your expectations are elevated. I would say McDonald's is a refined dining experience in comparison. The waitress stated the “meatloaf was to die for”. You cannot know how close that came to the truth. I cannot begin to comprehend who taught these people to cook. The only explanation is that they unwrap Banquet Frozen Dinners and set to nuke @ lava-hot. I'll bet even buzzards would not eat the “food” served here.

If your in your 80's, you might like it here because you won't remember what food is anyway.

5  Thank Unsymn S
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Shaw’s markets itself as a fine dining experience in downtown Lancaster, but it fell extremely short based on our dinner. My husband had the Southern Comfort Chicken (cornbread crusted breast of chicken, pan-seared with a Bourbon Pecan Brown Butter sauce…whoever was in the kitchen that night was not very skilled and the chicken was burned on the bottom. I had the Beef Wellington special, well that was a waste since it came overcooked (medium to medium well). We had our kids with us and one ordered the pizza, then refused to eat I because she said it tasted “disgusting”, well she was right it was not edible….the other daughter had the pasta and it was better than any of our entrees! Overall the food was not worth it and we wish we had just cone to Texas Roadhouse just to have something decent, but we chose Shaw’s because we expected a higher caliber dinner, but were disappointed and will not return

1  Thank beau377