“Our favorite on our 40th anniversary trip”

Shaw's Restaurant and Harry's Bar
Ranked #7 of 146 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We ate at Shaw's the night after our 40th anniversary dinner, and it was delicious. If it was closer to home, it would become our favorite restaurant for special occasions. Delicious French Onion soup, filet mignon, New York strip, and they brought us a little cake with a candle for our anniversary. Romantic restaurant.

1  Thank Jean W

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stopped in for lunch on our way to Hocking Hills and had a delightful meal. Hubby and I shared crusted orange roughy and corn cakes. The fish was moist, tender, and flavorful. The corn cakes were tasty and delicious. As a starter, we were served warm cinnamon rolls with a frosting that reminded me of the penuche(brown sugar) fudge my mother used to make. Hubby didn't want to eat his at first because he doesn't eat much bread, but, one bite and he couldn't put it down! We took mine to our cabin, and he ate it for breakfast the following morning. The waitress said to microwave it for 11 seconds and it would be perfect, and it was. Our server was charming and pleasant to talk with. The prices were reasonable, and the ambiance was very classy. Would definitely return.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Food was unfulling. Waitresses even seemed like they felt uncomfortable working there, let alone how out of place we felt. My son kept getting looks because of him making noises. He's only 4 and was only 3 at the time. Overpriced and not fulfilling.

1  Thank Roni1027
Reviewed August 23, 2012

When I travel, I generally ask local folks for a recommendation for dining. The clerk at my hotel gave this place a standing ovation! It's an operational Bed & Breakfast Inn, but I didn't get the opportunity to stay here, just dined. When a place is listed on the Select Registry, it raises the bar of expectations for me. Shaw's didn't quite reach the top rung for me. The salad was fresh and had the tastiest dressing. The cinnamon bun was also tasty. Unfortunately, my fish entree didn't quite hit the mark. While it was good, I thought the presentation/taste could have been better. The best part of my entire experience here was my server, Chris. He was warm, friendly, informative, and just an overall delight. This was a good dining choice based upon the area, however, and I would probably try it again if my travels ever lead me here.

2  Thank BeachBrownie5001j
Reviewed August 21, 2012

The food was average to above average (except the scallops which were excellent); the service was adequate but "no cigar" and the prices must apparently reflect the cost of the building rent, real linen napkins, or glassware. We were satisfied but won't return unless the hankering for scallops move us beyond ability to resist.