“Nice, but not my cup of tea”

Todd's Mountain View Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 145 Restaurants in Lancaster
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

It's another 'like homemade' place. Not a lot of seasonings on their items. It seems to draw in the 'over 60' crowd. OK food, but wasn't impressed with the prices.

1  Thank Eydie B

Reviewed March 7, 2013

At dinner tonite, the waitress was handing to my three year old daughter a plate of pancakes, with a little metal container of syrup. As I am helping to pass it over, I reach to grab the syrup before my daughter spills it....and I literally scald my fingers on the container! I yell, why would you put something that hot on a plate for a child?! My teenager servers response....that's why I handed it to you.
The service left a lot to be desired. After the syrup incident, the server never returned to our table to check on us. While the food was good, at a good price I will be hesitant to return because of how we were treated. I am thankful my daughter didn't get burned!

3  Thank Erin M
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

My aunt and my hubby absolutely just go nuts for the home cooked goodies here. The portions are hood sized. Prices are reasonable and the staff are so sweet. If you don't like making liver n onions they'll do it for ya here!!!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

A thrifty uncle took us to this family-friendly cafe years ago and we've been back a few times since then. It's full of locals, leaning mostly toward the upper end of the age scale. I swear the wait staff knows half of them and their usually order. Decor isn't given much thought. Food will never be spectacular here but it will be priced well, home made, flavorful and enough for a couple of meals.

A good selection of breakfast items -- including regional specialties cornmeal mush and corn cakes -- and lots of daily dinner specials. On this visit, I had the beef stroganoff, a huge amount of noodles and gravy with chunks of onion, mushroom and beef (and oddly served with a steak knife). I've sampled the pies in the past but was too full to even consider the day's offering.

Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Great little local place for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Can't beat the prices for comfort food here. Clean, quiet, and a great staff. When you can pay $7 for ribeye steak and eggs with all the trimming you can't go wrong.