Room was good size, beds were comfortable and clean. I like the Bath and Body Works toiletries and the towels seemed pretty fluffy for hotel towels.
When I was there the fire alarm went off two times around 1 a.m.---literally had me jump out of bed it was so loud! Which is obviously a good thing if there is an actual fire, but there was not, The front desk staff that night and the next morning had no explanation. There was another staff member stocking the breakfast bar in the morning and something about the fire alarm going off twice was mentioned to him. He kind of laughed and said something like, "Well two times is a lot less than usual." This tells me that this is an ongoing issue that clearly has not been dealt with.
There were several young kids staying at the time (I think for a birthday or family party) but they were running up and down the halls above us after 11 p.m. and this was loud and annoying. Obviously, this is more of a parenting issue than a hotel issue, but it could and should have been dealt with by hotel staff.
The breakfast was pretty nice---nothing gourmet but everything was fresh and was restocked as needed. It would have been nice if they had better choice/quality in tea, as it was just a generic brand. I had recently stayed in a Holiday Inn Express where they had BIgelow teas and that was nice.
Other than the fire alarm issue, everything was nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites is Lancaster's newest hotel, opened in May 2001. We are conveniently located on the Lancaster Business Route 33 next to the River Valley Mall. Our hotel has the extra amenities you've been looking for with an indoor pool, fitness center, business center, in-room movie rental, Nintendo and an extended complimentary Continental breakfast. Our large comfortable great room is a wonderful place to enjoy our specially prepared cinnamon rolls in the morning. We also offer ADA compliant rooms, 15 kitchenette suites, 10 whirlpool rooms, and 38 standard rooms with 1 king or 2 queen beds. All of our rooms come equipped with an iron, board, hair dryer, coffee maker, alarm clock radios, two 2-line phones with voicemail, micro-refrigerator, and free high-speed and wireless Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Lancaster reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Lancaster Hotel Lancaster
- Holiday Inn Lancaster
- Holiday Inn Express Lancaster Ohio