“Outstanding!”

Holiday Inn Express Lancaster
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed October 14, 2013

First and most important......PLEASE do not change your pet policy. It is so difficult for those of us who have well trained/behaved pets that travel with us and not be able to find a hotel that will allow them. We stayed for 5 days. They are one of the few pet friendly hotels and that is a huge plus for us responsible pet owners. Housekeeping was wonderful - very kind and thorough. Desk Clerks were so helpful and very accommodating. I had taken my mother back home to Ohio to visit family and friends and she needs a handicap accessible room, etc. It was absolutely perfect. Lots of room and my only complaint is that I have no way to take this bed back to Michigan with me :o) thank you so much to all of you - and we will be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tammie A
Holiday Inn Exp... L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you for the great review on your experience at our hotel. We are pleased to see that your stay was enjoyable for both you and your pet! We are looking forward to seeing you and your pet return in the near future!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

When we arrived, no rooms to our specification were ready so the desk clerk upgraded us so that we could get into our room. Since we came for fair week and to be with family, the suite was perfect. The bed was comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
HI E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your great experience at our hotel. We appreciate your kind words concerning our hotel and staff. Guest satisfaction is #1 with us! I am happy to hear that your upgrade into a suite was very accommodating for you and your family. We are looking forward to seeing again soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I always come to Trip Advisor before I book my hotels for travel. I am on the road 3-4 night per week for work. I booked this hotel based on reviews, and I feel like I am on an alternate universe with the reviews on this hotel. I had traveled all day for work and hauled up at a luggage cart full of items to my suite after an 8:30 pm arrival. First thing I noticed when I opened the door...odor. The room smelled like old smoke, not good. I was literally too tired to take the filled cart all the way back down and start over, so I thought I would just endure it. Got in the suite, unloaded the cart, made my way over to the bed area. Now add musty to the old smoke and that was my room. Finally got into the bed exhausted only to find the sheets were all pilled, you know when they get old and are covered with tiny rough pieces of thread. Then they miss e little things that a Gold Plus member gets used to....no receipt under my door. I don't think that has ever happened to me at a Holiday Inn. To top it off I needed to use the microwave in their pantry to heat up an item for a customer visit. The one of the room is tiny, low wattage and takes forever. Nope, wouldn't let me. If you are accustomed to a nicer Holiday Inn experience...this is not it. Never again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank tracyrd
HI E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear tracyrd,
I apologize for the experience you had at our hotel recently. Our goal is for our guests to be completely satisfied with their stay. Due to Trip Advisors privacy policy, I have no contact information for you. I would be more than happy to talk with you concerning this issue and compensate for the unfortunate experience you encountered.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Thank you for allowing pets! We called 6 places before finally finding your hotel. We often travel with our dog. She is a well behaved girl and loves visiting new places. Holiday Inn is the only hotel (out of the 6 we called) that would allow her to stay too. I was told that Holiday Inn may be changing their pet policy to no pets. We will only be calling Holiday Inn from now on and save the frustration of getting turned away. Your staff is helpful and friendly. Rooms clean. And beds comfey! My husband me and our pooch give you 4 paws up ane "beg" you not to change this policy!

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay and how happy you were that we accepted pets. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We were very pleased with this hotel overall, and especially with the customer service of the front desk attendant Jennifer Cordova in particular. Jennifer was extremely helpful and went above and beyond to accommodate my husband and I as we were in the process of traveling from MA to Lancaster, OH to adopt our newborn son. We had several requests, and with each of them she performed them with a smile on her face and was quick to try to help. The room was clean, and the housekeeping staff were very pleasant and friendly. The complimentary breakfast offered at the hotel had a wide variety of options - something to please everyone! There are also many retail stores and chain restaurants nearby, so it was a very convenient location.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

What a nice review! Thank you for sharing your great experience at our hotel. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate the wonderful comments about Jennifer and her guest service skills. Guest Service is very important to us. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon. Good Luck with your new addition to your family!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Convenient location, professional staff, clean room, comfy beds, and really decent breakfast (scrambled eggs, sausage patties, biscuits, sausage gravy and the usual other breakfast items), served in a spacious breakfast room. Unfortunately the walls are very thin, and we could clearly hear guests, in the hall outside our room, cheerfully converse, and sing short selections from the Sound Of Music, at 1 in the morning. But overall it was a pleasant nights stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We are happy to hear you were satisfied with our hotel and staff. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed here three nights while visiting my Mom who now lives in an assisted living facility. My first trip back since our family house sold.

Friendly staff! Clean, comfortable and affordable made it an easy transition. The location was easy to find and lose to shopping and dining choices, plus easy to get to Mom's new place.

Room Tip: Entire facility nice!