“Clean, Quiet, Helpful, and Friendly”

Holiday Inn Express Lancaster
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Lancaster
Gardiner, Montana
“Clean, Quiet, Helpful, and Friendly”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Because a relative was in the local hospital, I needed a quick room for one night that turned into two nights. I had a king room one night and a double queen room one night. Both rooms were very clean, had extremely comfortable beds with both firm and soft pillows and crisp clean linens, new fluffy towels and washcloths, and Bath and Body Works shampoos. Breakfast was an extended continental breakfast. One morning the selections included small omelets,sausage patties, and sausage gravy with biscuits. Another morning the selections included scrambled eggs, bacon, and sausage gravy with biscuits. They have a pancake maker that, with the push of a button, makes 2 good pancakes in less than one minute. The front desk staff assisted me with directions, restaurant suggestions, and toiletries that I did not have. They were helpful, friendly, and very concerned for my relative. The reason I gave 4 instead of 5 stars is the painfully slow to no wireless Internet in both rooms. I wanted to communicate hospital information with family and friends and had to rely on my personal cellular data instead of the hotel Internet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
HI E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your great experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Syracuse, NY
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I made a quick overnight trip to the Lancaster area and this motel was just what I needed: a clean and quiet place to stay. The room was spacious, the bathroom well appointed and the facility is convenient to the main road through town. The onsite breakfast was adequate but the woman who kept it supplied was exceptional; she was pleasant, refilled my coffee cup and even asked if she could clear my table. I did not expect that level of service!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Exp... L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are happy to hear you was satisfied with our hotel and our service. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you come through Lancaster.
ohio
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I frequently stay at this Holiday Inn when I'm in town on business. It is always clean, quiet and the staff is friendly. The rooms are always incredibly clean, almost to the point of being new. Breakfast is average, but on par with similar class hotels. Close to the mall and most restaurants.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Exp... L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
We are happy to hear how much you like us. Thank you for that and come back to see us soon.
state college
Reviewed August 2, 2013

A VERY nice HIE in a great location. Front desk check-in was easy and friendly. This is in the upper level of Holiday Inn Ex..I really enjoyed my stay and will again when I am in the area. Eating and shopping were extremely close and it is directly off the highway

Room Tip: Rm 210 was good ,however view was not good.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Exp... L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for sharing your experience. I hope you do get to come again.
Brighton
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The room smelled musty and was humid. It was so humid the sheets were damp. The carpet in the entire room must have just been cleaned because they were wet and when you put on your flip flops your feet were sticky (probably from the soap used on the carpet). Pool is small but area was clean. If you want a large pool this is not the place to stay. Not worth the price of admission. Glad we are just passing through and it will only be one night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HI E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear JulesY959,
I want to apologize for your experience during your stay at our hotel. It is our goal that our guests leave our hotel feeling satisfied with their stay. Due to Trip Advisor’s privacy policy I have no way to know who you are and will not be able to contact you to offer any type of compensation for the discomfort you reported. Feel free to contact our hotel to report any issues you experience and we will make an attempt to set a value for your discomfort and compensate you accordingly.
Sonora, CA
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We spent 4 days here while visiting family in Lancaster & it was really comfy & clean & easy to make into a home away from home! I liked the weights in the fitness room, & the grandkids loved the pool. The beds were perfect & the shower had good water pressure. Our daughters slept across the hall, & the grandsons in our room. The breakfast room was lovely & the cinnamon rolls were killer good! Every morning I'd go down to the breakfast room & bring back coffee & food (plenty of variety) for everyone (as the girls were still on California time) & the women in charge of the room were always very nice & accommodating, always making sure everything was fresh & hot, never giving me weird looks as I loaded up plates & cups & headed off to the rooms. And the location is good, near restaurants & donut shops, & a very short drive to downtown historical Lancaster. Really nice people working here!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate all of your kind words. We look forward to having you stay again in the future.
West Mansfield, Ohio
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My husband, daughter, and I stayed in a room on very short notice. We checked in late in the evening. The staff was so nice and the room was very clean and nice. Surprisingly, this is nicer than any other hotel I've stayed at, even when on business trips and vacation! The price is very affordable and a full breakfast is included. We didn't have time to swim or use the gym, but the facilities looked really nice. This is the only hotel I will stay at in Lancaster or in the surrounding area from now on. Very impressed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Alicia U
Holiday Inn Exp... L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feelings about our hotel. We're happy you chose to stay with us while traveling. I'm happy to know you and your family enjoyed our hotel. I hope you will get to enjoy the pool and fitness facility the next time you come.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Hampton Inn Lancaster
Hampton Inn Lancaster
#1 of 5 in Lancaster
Holiday Inn Express Logan
Baymont Inn & Suites Lancaster
Baymont Inn & Suites Logan
Best Western Canal Winchester Inn - Columbus South East
Best Western Canal Winchester In...
#1 of 1 in Canal Winchester
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Circleville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lancaster? Share your experiences!