“Enjoyed My Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Lancaster
Ohio
“Enjoyed My Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is a very nice hotel. The front desk clerk was friendly and helpful. The beds were clean and comfortable. The room itself was exceptionally clean. I enjoyed the cookies and apples in the lobby. The morning breakfast was good. The close location to the Mall was a big plus. And there were many nearby places to eat. Everything was great, and I would stay there again and completely recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Holiday Inn Exp... L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for the nice things you had to say about us. We are proud to receive such a wonderful review. We look forward to having you stay again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is a very nice hotel. The beds are extremely comfortable with no ugly hotel comforters to deal with; there was a good working desk with plenty of places to plug things in (shortage of outlets is a big pet peeve). Everything seemed new or at least refreshed and the room was exceptionally clean. We booked this room for one night at the last minute; the rate was $109, a little high given the location (not even close to the interstate), but it was worth the price and I would have liked to stay a little longer to enjoy the breakfast, but we were up and out of there by 5:00 am. The had express checkout which was also a nice touch and typical of business class hotels.

Room Tip: We were driving down 33 and had a heck of a time finding this hotel...trust your GPS.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I read mostly great reviews with a few exceptions due to renovations. I took a chance. I wasn't disappointed. Nice hotel with very warm welcome and the front desk clerk was so helpful even recommending a great local place to eat. The cookies in the lobby were to die for - yummy! My room was clean and up to date. The price for value wasn't the best. I have stayed at more upscale hotels for about the same price. Other than that, I would consider staying again.

• Stayed August 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Booked a room at the summer special rate of $151.00/night. I realized soon after I booked the room, that the rate was high. Other hotels in the area and in Ohio are about $100/$110/night. Tried to cancel, but (my fault, I didn't read the fine print) was told this was a special rate and I would be charged whether I stayed there or not. Called Guest Relations and was told that individual hotels book their rate and there was nothing they could do. She then asked me "If she could do anything else for me?" I said, "No, you haven't done anything for me now." I have never had this issue with booking hotels. Even on specials. I will never book through a Holiday Inn again.

Room Tip: Haven't been there yet, but am already dissapointed with the customer service of Holiday Inn as...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Sharon S
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

Upon check in we were greeted by friendly staff. Then went to our room which was fairly clean with the exception of some previous guests toenails on the floor. The beds were supposed to be queen size but were only full size. Then the construction workers started working at 7am, the carpet was ripped up in the hallway and there were cigarette burns in the curtain and bedding but this was suppose to be a non smoking room. We went down for breakfast at 9am and the staff had started putting stuff away by 9:30 when breakfast was to be open til 10. We went to the gym and the equipment was not in working order.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank achlysadara
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Dear achlysadara,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We are pleased to hear you found our staff friendly and your room clean. I am sorry for any inconvenience our renovations caused you. I have taken note of your comments regarding our gym and breakfast. Rest assured we will address these with the proper departments. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving our guest services.

Once again, thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back soon to our newly renovated hotel.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Unexpected trip found us staying in this hotel. The hotel was under a remodel during our stay but we found it more than sufficient for our needs. The place is a touch expensive but not a show stopper.

• Stayed April 2012
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

This hotel is undergoing renovations. This would have been nice to know prior to making our reservations. The hallways had a very foul oder from chemicals and mildew. While at least the rooms we occupied were renovated, the odor and the noise in the hallways made the stay unpleasant at best. After a long day of travel I wanted to take a brief nap. This was not possible as the noise made sleeping difficult. Perhaps when all the renovations are complete this will be a nice place to stay. As for now, I would stay away.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Dear gscar35,

Thank you for your feedback. We hope you enjoyed your room accommodations during your stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry for any inconvenience our renovations may have caused you. We are hoping the renovations will be complete by the beginning of July 2012. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Hampton Inn Lancaster
Hampton Inn Lancaster
#1 of 5 in Lancaster
4.0 of 5 stars 259 reviews
Baymont Inn & Suites Lancaster
Holiday Inn Express Logan
Baymont Inn & Suites Logan
BEST WESTERN Canal Winchester Inn - Columbus South East
BEST WESTERN Canal Winchester In...
#1 of 1 in Canal Winchester
4.0 of 5 stars 238 reviews
Comfort Inn Circleville
Comfort Inn Circleville
#2 of 4 in Circleville
4.0 of 5 stars 70 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lancaster? Share your experiences!