“A little worn but good value”

Hampton Inn Lancaster
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed April 6, 2010

Stayed here with wife and 11-year child. It was a nice experience overall. Location was great. Staff was helpful and friendly. Relative to other Hampton Inns in the Columbus area this was a great value.

Before we even entered the lobby we were greeted by "Pardon our dust" signs on the door as this property was currently under renovation. Indeed this hotel is beginning to show its age - carpets a bit worn, minor dings in the drywall on the 2nd-floor corridor. It was very clean, however, and the nothing was bad enough to give it a "run-down" feel. The renovation process did not interfere with the quality of our stay. Baseboards were being ripped up and some drywall repair was underway, but it did not feel like were in a construction zone.

Other than age, the room was in great condition. The beds were very comfortable. This property is only a few feet off a very busy highway and I worried about traffic noise, but this didn't turn out to be a problem. The a/c fan was on all night - maybe we would have heard some traffic if it was off.

Breakfast was typical for a Hampton Inn, maybe a smidge better. The indoor pool was a hit with my son, but it was very humid, more so than most indoor pools I've encountered recently. My wife said the chlorine smell was stronger than most as well.

The location was great - 20 minutes to Columbus on a Saturday morning. The hotel is surrounded by several casual restaurants plus several fast-food establishments. No Ruth's Chris or any fine dining places. Also within 1/2 mile are a Target, pharmacy, movie theater, and Kroger (the hotel is across the street from a shopping center).

As I stated previously, the hotel is a good value. They are priced quite a bit less than other Hampton Inns in the area - at least they were when we were there. That could be due to the renovation. I sometimes get nervous when a property is priced below comparables, but this one turned out fine.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Lancaster

Reviewed November 4, 2009

We were here for a mini weekend getaway- we actually live 20 minutes away. The location was easy to find, next to Olive Garden. Walked to dinner- can't beat that! The hotel and rooms were very clean!!! Check-in was a breeze. The pool and hottub were nice, but the chlorine smell was a bit too strong. The halls were very quiet, the pool wasn't crowded and the staff was very courteous. The beds were very clean(to the naked eye!) and they were sooo comfortable. Breakfast the next morning was good, a little better than a cont. breakfast, but didn't care for the eggs, they were not realistic looking or tasting. Overall though, I would come back with the kids anytime!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2009

I travel for work often, usually about 5-10 nights a month. Generally I prefer Hampton Inns and have never knowingly had a problem before. But tonight while reading I noticed something movingon the pillow next to me, looked over, and saw a large bed bug. I killed it, tore off the sheets and saw another by my leg. I've since found a third and can't sleep now. I might be up all night but I can't wait to get out of here in the morning.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
7  Thank Joerco
Reviewed October 1, 2009

Clean. Good location. Overall, not bad but it could use a few touchups - tub was damaged, cracked and had rusty areas near the drain. Paint was worn off or scratched off in several areas throughout the room. Furniture was a bit beat up. Floor seemed a bit damp near A/C. I would stay here again due to the cleanliness of the room and hotel facilties.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 21, 2009

One of the best values we've had for some time. Super clean, great staff, good beds, good shower, roomy bathroom. Appointed well. Very quiet. Stayed on 3rd floor, elevator was good. Very good breakfast in the AM. I'll definitely stay here any time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 23, 2009

Stayed here one night while we did the Hocking Hills Zipline (lots of fun). This is a tired Hampton Inn. The rooms are not the cleanest. The location is OK and close to amenities. We noticed that someone staying or working at the hotel had let outside families come in and use the pool. We saw groups sitting outside the pool area walking to/from their cars while their kids swam in the pool. Not cool at all.

The breakfast was below par even for a Hampton Inn. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone travelling on business or with a family for pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2008

This property is showing a little wear around the edges, and its customer service could be improved. Also, don't be fooled by the 'Hampton 100% Guarantee." Just like Choice Hotels, it is totally worthless.

Our HBO never worked during the entire stay, and this escalated to a total lack of cable by morning. The sink in our room was stopped up, and there appeared to be a water leak in the bathroom. All of these items were reported to the front desk.

We noted an odor like sewage coming from a vent in the hallway.

You might want to look around, even in nearby towns. I'm sure there is a more pleasant property to spend your hard-earned dollars.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Holiday Inn Express Logan
Holiday Inn Express Lancaster
Baymont Inn & Suites Lancaster
Baymont Inn & Suites Logan
Best Western Canal Winchester Inn - Columbus South East
Best Western Canal Winchester In...
#1 of 1 in Canal Winchester
Hampton Inn Columbus-East
Hampton Inn Columbus-East
#1 of 3 in Pickerington

Been to Hampton Inn Lancaster? Share your experiences!