“Good value, nice staff”

Hampton Inn Lancaster
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Fitness center equipment is limited. Staff is very friendly. Very quiet at night. Good continental breakfast.A good value. Clean rooms. I come here often for business. location is convent. Had a problem with the bathtub drain, I was quickly moved to a new room.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed May 26, 2013

5 stars ... I went to a wedding in Hocking Hills & was an easy drive from the hotel. Whitley checked us in and was very friendly. The room was super clean and bright. Based on this experience, I would definitely stay at another Hampton Inn! Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Hotel was busy for a weeknight. Front desk staff was not overly helpful, but adequate. Did not notice this as being a noisier than normal hotel...and I am a light sleeper. Lobby and room finishes were in good condition and appeared recently updated. Television, air conditioning, wi-fi and shower all performed just fine. Would stay at this location again if in the area.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stay at this hotel because of location. This is a very noisy hotel. I consistently request a quiet room on opposite side of highway and away from elevator. This is not provided everytime I check in. Then when I ask for a different room, the reception is very "chilly" like I am inconveniencing staff to look for another room. I have taken to having someone show me the room map and then reviewing the rooms. Check-in is an issue everytime I stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The room was clean, the breakfast was good.........there was a guest that had some really bad children...they were running and screaming down the halls and several guests went and complained and nothing was done......I would have thought maybe they would have moved them down the other end of the hall where there was no one in those rooms.....

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christy T
Reviewed October 17, 2012

So I decided to go up to Hocking Hills Ohio, but all of the cabins were rented. I opted for the local Hampton Inn in Lancaster Ohio some 15-20 minutes away from most of the activites in Hocking Hills. It is also close to many good national chain restaurants,and shopping.
As I arrived in the later evening, I was greeted with smiles from both of the check in staffers, not to mention the fresh hot coffees and right out of the oven,fresh baked cookies...What great timing!!!!
I was reverved a room on the second floor, but as I then requested a first floor room if possible, my request was quickly granted. It was no problem at all.
So, the first floor king room that I stayed in was great. The first thing you notice is the high ceilings..9ft or more high? The room felt bigger already!!
Everything in the room was clean.
Plenty of clean towels,soaps,shampoos etc..
Everything in the room worked ie..TV,Fridge, Coffee Maker,lamps
The only complaint that I have is the little bed pillows.
It seems more hotel chains are going to these soft, yet comfortable, smaller bed pillows.
I personally just do not like them. I need two or three to get comfy.
So, as usual, I called the front desk and asked for four more pillows.
In ten minutes my extra pillows showed up, again by the friendly staff.
The next morning I hit the breakfast area.
It was ok...nothing special.
The one thing I did not like was the only hot breakfast meat..keilbasa
I didn't get that one.
Plenty of carbs though! Bagals, muffins,doughnuts etc..
Good hot coffee,milk,juices(3)
But hot Keilbasa..for breakfast...you should serve aside of Tums or Zantac with that....Blahh
Despite the Keilbasa, I can honestly recommend this hotel.
The stay was nice,and the price ,location, cleanliness really was great!
Yes it is an older building. It is not perfect. But it is clean and well kept and would be great for a short or long stay in the area!
I would not hestitate for a moment to stay here again.
I hope this helps to all who may read it!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Good hotel. Nice staff, and really had a nice stay. Wife and I were just in for one night to get away. Kids at the grandparents, and I think they upgraded me to the honeymoon suite because I'm a Hilton honors member. Liked my stay, and recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Holiday Inn Express Lancaster
Holiday Inn Express Logan
Baymont Inn & Suites Lancaster
Baymont Inn & Suites Logan
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast
Best Western Canal Winchester Inn - Columbus South East
Best Western Canal Winchester In...
#1 of 1 in Canal Winchester

Been to Hampton Inn Lancaster? Share your experiences!