“Not For The Lactose Intolerant...”
Review of Melt Bar & Grilled

Melt Bar & Grilled
Ranked #3 of 143 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Melt Bar and Grilled features gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches, craft beers and signature cocktails in an eclectic, relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. Featured on several national television programs and in countless publications, Melt puts a new spin on traditional bar food in a setting that is cool, fun and very unique. In addition to Melt's signature grilled cheese sandwiches, many vegetarian/vegan and gluten-free options, appetizers, salads and desserts are also available. Patrons may dine in, order take-out, or speak to a staff member about catering their next event. Melt Bar and Grilled is an independently owned and operated restaurant group based in Cleveland, Ohio. Melt was created in 2006 by owner/founder Matt Fish with the simple goal of providing great food and awesome craft beers in a very fun and unique atmosphere. Melt has grown from its humble small storefront beginnings to multiple regional locations with more organic growth planned. Melt continues to grow and prosper because of The Melt Family: The amazing staff and management team. Thank you and welcome to Melt!
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Not For The Lactose Intolerant...”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

This was for a team "holiday gathering" (remember when they used to call them Christmas Parties?), and the place was very crowded (which, to me says, very popular). If you're not into cheese all that much, this place might not be your first choice. They pretty much put cheese into everything except the coffee. Their grilled cheese sandwiches are of brobdingnagian proportions. For that matter, so are most of their entrees. They've put things into a grilled cheese that I never would have dreamt of in my childhood imaginings (with a side of tomato soup). VERY loud, so conversation's a bit of a bummer, but frankly it's just a fun place.

• Visited December 2013

Sterling, Virginia
“Simple to extravagant...”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We saw this on a show about the best grilled cheese sandwiches, so while we were in town, we checked it out. It is exactly what was advertised. You can get a "simple" grilled cheese or a combination of flavors you never thought about. I tried the korean BBQ and my husband had a steak sandwich. The portions are huge. We actually ate 1/2 for lunch and finished the other 1/2 for dinner. The decor is eclectic and interesting. We arrived just after 11 on a Saturday and were seated immediately. By the time we were leaving around NOON, there was a sizable line with people waiting. I think it's definitely a place to visit if you're passing through, something to say you did. I am not sure we would visit more than 1x/year if we were local.

• Visited May 2014
Rocky River, Ohio
“Soo Good”
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Took my sister here and we were not disappointed. The food was delicious and more than enough to eat. our waitress was terrific. We had very nice time and would highly recommend.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“The Melt Does It Again!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My friends make fun of my grilled cheese Melt tattoo. If the'd have gotten a bite of my Korean BBQ War Pig sandwich yesterday, they'd get one too (tattoo AND sandwich). Korean BBQ glaze on pulled pork and pork belly, with a kimchee slaw, coriander relish and muenster cheese. Amazing! Staff was awesome as always. Menus are stuck to the back of 12 in vinyl album covers (I got REO Speedwagon). I skipped beer this visit, but their selection is eclectic (the Belgian Troubadour Magma was on tap last visit). The tattoo gets me a discount, so of course I'll be back. I visit and review a lot of places...The Melt is my favorite!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank LordMark H
Lakewood, Ohio
“Love the take-out option!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We always enjoy the food from Melt and enjoy eating at the Lakewood location when we have time for a leisurely meal. But we LOVE that we can phone in the order and pick it up. This option usually takes between 30 and 45 minutes.
The themed "specials" are fantastic but we have our favorite stand-bys as well. Parmageddon, Godfather, and Wake & Bacon rock our house!

• Visited February 2014