“Good but not great”

Ranked #3 of 144 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Melt Bar and Grilled features gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches, craft beers and signature cocktails in an eclectic, relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. Featured on several national television programs and in countless publications, Melt puts a new spin on traditional bar food in a setting that is cool, fun and very unique. In addition to Melt's signature grilled cheese sandwiches, many vegetarian/vegan and gluten-free options, appetizers, salads and desserts are also available. Patrons may dine in, order take-out, or speak to a staff member about catering their next event. Melt Bar and Grilled is an independently owned and operated restaurant group based in Cleveland, Ohio. Melt was created in 2006 by owner/founder Matt Fish with the simple goal of providing great food and awesome craft beers in a very fun and unique atmosphere. Melt has grown from its humble small storefront beginnings to multiple regional locations with more organic growth planned. Melt continues to grow and prosper because of The Melt Family: The amazing staff and management team. Thank you and welcome to Melt!
Cleveland, Ohio
“Good but not great”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I like this place but don't understand people's obsession with it and the long wait to be seated. Therefore, I usually order take out. Sandwiches are huge and come with fries. Gourmet grilled cheese in a number if unique varieties. A thin couple could easily just split one order. Price is very reasonable.

Ohio
“Funky sandwiches and atmosphere”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We felt welcome immediately. The place was eclectic and funky. The menu...almost too difficult to choose. We started with the fried mozzarella, mainly because of the habanero mango jam and the balsamic fig reduction. It hit on all cylinders; crunchy, sweet, spicy and cheesy. I selected the chicken parm sandwich...yum! Crispy breaded chicken with a sun dried tomato pesto in a grilled cheese. My friend selected the cheesesteak, which she loved. We couldn't eat more than half given the size and now have some great leftovers for lunch tomorrow. The service was on point. We would come back in a heartbeat.

Visited October 2013
Burlington, North Carolina
“Overrated and just okay”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I were in the area and wanted somewhere to grab a quick lunch. We went in on a Sunday at 2:00pm and were told that the wait was over an hour so we asked for menus and decided to place a to go order. After waiting about ten minutes all of the parties waiting for a table in front of us has been seated and in the next 15 minutes an additional 5 groups of people who came in after us had been seated. The hostess could have probably sat us in the first 10 minutes and grossly overestimated the wait. We had already ordered so we just waited for our food. Multiple people order food to go after us and we ended up waiting 45 minutes for our food. I had ordered a simple grilled cheese sandwich with garlic mushrooms and my husband had ordered one of their more adventurous sandwiches. His was good but my sandwich was not good - the bread was over done and it only had a tiny amount of cheese. I had high hopes for Melt but my husband and I were both very disappointed. He has been to the other Melt on the eastside before and was pleased with his experience so maybe this was a one time fluke and we will try again.

Visited October 2013
Sudbury, Canada
“Amazing Sandwiches!! A True find!!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We're road trippers, and love our Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. This is how we found Melt but surprisingly we kept seeing it on Trip Advisor and other such websites.

We arrived early on our way into Cleveland on a Sunday morning. At 11 sharp the doors opened and about 20 customers filed in. Service was prompt and the atmosphere very cool. It's like a well decorated and neat dive bar.

Then came the sandwiches, I ordered the Shrimp Po' boy, my wife 'The Dude Abides'...they are massive. I'm a big eater, but I couldn't even touch but a few french fries...but this isn't just ab out quantity. These are just really good sandwiches...

I'd highly recommend...

• Visited September 2013
Athens, Ohio
“Great food, but a little noisy”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

On September 14, 2013, my husband, mother, and brother ate at Melt Bar and Grilled in Lakewood. We are not from Cleveland, but this restaurant was recommended by a friend born and raised in the Cleveland suburbs. I had the "Kindergarten" which is a basic grilled cheese with fries and pickle. My husband and brother had the "Cleveland Cheese Steak." My mom had the "Monte Cristo." No one was disappointed. The portions were huge. No one finished their meal. My mom and I easily could have shared a meal. My brother said the fries were the best he has ever had. We were really pleased with the food especially for the cost. The bill was around $55 with tip (no alcohol). The restaurant has a great unique decor, but the restaurant is small. There aren't many tables, and it is very noisy. We would visit again if in Cleveland, and I would recommend the restaurant to friends and family.

• Visited September 2013