“Nice Atmosphere, Lots of Flavor”
Review of Barroco Grill

Barroco Grill
Ranked #4 of 143 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: Colombian
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Small restaurant, very busy on a Thursday night. BYOB, shrimp ceviche was not what I expected (it came in a thousand island dressing type sauce), I loved all the different sauces our server brought with the meal. The Mexicana Arepas were AMAZING-the Arepas were soft and delicious and the chorizo had great flavor. Started off with the guacamole with some plantain chips and tortilla chips. I wish I had just ordered the plantain chips becuase they were better than the tortilla chips. Tortilla chips were good too, but it is not every day that I get to eat fried plantain chips =).

There are newer reviews for Barroco Grill

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Authentic atmosphere, pleasant and helpful staff, YUMMY food. Looking for something different? This is the place. Small and inviting. Just a few minutes from downtown Cleveland.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Went to Barroco on our sitters recommendation. We are always loving the new foodie restaurants in Cleveland and Lakewood so we gave it a try. The place is cozy and welcoming like walking into any NYC spot. We sat in the rear where it was comfortable closeness between guests. Great atmosphere, decor etc. I ordered the grilled chicken skewers which were to die for! Chicken was juicy, tender and very flavorful! I don't remember what my husband ordered but I believe it might have been empanada? Anyway he said it was amazing and the fries there-I would go back just for those to dip in all of there dipping sauces, my favorite was the garlic - I wanted to steal the bottle and take it home with me. Overall price was great, food amazing, you can't go wrong trying this place out.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I visit on a regular basis and always order the veggie arepa. I'm partial to vegetarian options anywhere, but I've had the chorizo and pork arepas as well. Both incredibly delicious and I love the black bean soup. The Cuban is also very good, which I had when my company had Barroco cater a lunch for us. Must try.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

It's really nice to find a new restaurant where there is a unique type of food. Not only is the food at Barroco Grill unique, it is fresh and fabulous! The Arepas are out of this world! The fries are even good with the 6 different kind of sauces. Extemely polite and knowlegeable staff on hand.