“Delicious, authentic and friendly”
Review of Barroco Grill

Barroco Grill
Ranked #5 of 143 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: Colombian
Cleveland, Ohio
“Delicious, authentic and friendly”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I visit on a regular basis and always order the veggie arepa. I'm partial to vegetarian options anywhere, but I've had the chorizo and pork arepas as well. Both incredibly delicious and I love the black bean soup. The Cuban is also very good, which I had when my company had Barroco cater a lunch for us. Must try.

Visited November 2012

“Great Change of Pace!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

It's really nice to find a new restaurant where there is a unique type of food. Not only is the food at Barroco Grill unique, it is fresh and fabulous! The Arepas are out of this world! The fries are even good with the 6 different kind of sauces. Extemely polite and knowlegeable staff on hand.

• Visited December 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
“My favorite lunch in Lakewood”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

There are only a handful of places in the Cleveland area to go for good Latin American food – this is one of them. For a fine dining experience and the very BEST mojitos, Paladar Latin Kitchen and Rum Bar can’t be beat. But for those on the West side or anyone looking for a more casual burger-joint type of experience, Barroco is the place to go.

This Columbian eatery makes it easy to introduce picky-eaters to a new cuisine – empanadas are familiar to most people, and arepas are an easy transition. Even the burger in this place is incredible. Every table receives an assortment of sauces that are delicious on everything from empanadas to French fries - garlic sauce, ranchero, pineapple and some kind of avocado sauce. I usually mix and match because they are all amazing.

The place is pretty small and parking is on the street only, but on the weekend I've never had a problem getting a parking spot or a table. Because of the large portions you can easily order 2 items and share which lets you try various things from the menu. I’ve had a few different arepas and they are good, but the dough tends to be a little dry and tough – it isn’t easy to cut into two pieces for sharing purposes. Now whenever family or friends recommend lunch in Lakewood, this is the place that comes to mind. I highly recommend that you try it.

• Visited July 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
“Different but good food at low prices.”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Five of us ate dinner here. This is the second time I’ve eaten here. The service was a bit slow this time but otherwise a good experience. The food is different but good, the portions are generous, and the prices low. The food is Colombian and different from other Latin American cuisines. Of course, every country is unique. They do not serve alcohol but allow you to bring your own without a corkage fee. This is great for your wallet as you don’t have to pay inflated prices as in most other restaurants. I had the Chorizo Arepa ($9), my wife had the Empanada Colombianas ($11), and we split a Shrimp Ceviche ($10). The ceviche was completely different from the Peruvian one. It had an unusual pink sauce kind of like Thousand Island. It came with tostones (fried plantains) which were OK but my wife makes them much better. The arepa was really good. It is a pocket-like tortilla filled with spicy sausage, etc. Last time I had the vegetarian one. It came with fries and coleslaw which were good but I think the next time I’ll get the bean soup instead. I thought my wife’s empanadas were good but she wasn’t impressed. They also put 5 sauces on the table in squeeze bottles that you can put on your food. Only one is fiery hot but they are all good. The decor is really cool - it is filled with art from what I assume are local artists. In conclusion I would say the food is good but not great. However, overall it is a great value and I look forward to returning.

• Visited October 2012
Lakewood, Ohio
“A great place on Friday night for laten music!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

4 star! Great artwork and music
Cool menu, nice people. I go twice a week. Try the chicken arepas and the to stones.