“Great place to get some studies and writing done!”
Review of The Root Cafe

The Root Cafe
Ranked #12 of 143 Restaurants in Lakewood
“Great place to get some studies and writing done!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Service - Very friendly staff :) Service is real good!
Food - Good Food.. have stuff for all meals.. which is a huge help.. they actually serve freshly made good hot enrees.
Ambience - perfect! There is free wifi folks!

• Visited October 2013

• Arabic first
ohio
“much overated”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have been going to THe Root for several years. It's okay, but not all that. Prices are pretty high for what you get. Coffee is not hot. People behind the counter could smile more, although I have found nice friendly customers.
Food is not consistent. I have ordered the same sandwich a couple times and it has come back to me totally different each time. ANd not always good. One time it was extremely soggy and inedible. Pizza is tasty, but again, overpriced. You can get a larger stone oven thin crust made much better for half the price at other places. I think I might check out the new coffee shop across the street.

• Visited August 2013
Akron, Ohio
“Something for everyone”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Root Cafe was a great restaurant for us as we had a mix of vegetarians, vegans and omnivores. We each were able to find something on the menu. Took us a while to realize that youo need to order at the counter. All the food was well prepared and presented. We were all impressed with quality and taste of the food.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Mike S
Lakewood, Ohio
“Rude”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The guy that I'm dating is a vegetarian and doesn't live in Lakewood so I though the root cafe would be a good place to take him. It was a Saturday night and we were playing in Lakewood park until dark. We got to the root about 9:15 and before we went in we had checked the website to see how late they were open, we found out it was 10pm. We had never been so we were looking over the menu and not quite sure if we were supposed to sit at a table or wait at the counter to order. No one greeted us for a couple of minutes so we looked over the menu at the counter. Finally a man came to us and said the he wasn't "trying to be rude" but if we wanted food they would like us to order it to go. We were both a little surprised by that and it came across very rude considering we still had 45 minutes according to their website. Neither of us had eaten dinner and wanted to sit down somewhere and order. We decided to leave. I can't comment on the food because we obviously didn't feel like spending money there after that. I was embarrassed too because I'd suggested it since it has so many options for him. Maybe we aren't the typical hippie type or hipster type they are used to serving (since we were in athletic clothes from being in the park), but I am shocked to receive that kind of treatment from a place in my neighborhood. I don't think I will ever want to eat there and I definitely will not recommend it to anyone, and have told some people about the rude man we encountered.

Visited April 2013
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
“Great coffee, great place for vegetarians and vegans!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This used to be my local coffeehouse. I love it. The coffee is outstanding. You will not want to go back to your Starbucks routine after you have a latte here. The baristas are experienced and friendly and will custom make whatever you want or need. The bakery and menu options continue to expand and there is an extensive vegetarian and vegan selection. Enjoy!

• Visited January 2013