“Great service and good food”
Review of Jammy Buggars

Jammy Buggars
Ranked #21 of 143 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: American
Akron, Ohio
“Great service and good food”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We had amazing service when we went for an early dinner on a Saturday. I got a burger rare which was a great treat. My companion had the mac & cheese with all the adders. Both were enjoyable. The chips we got with drinks were really tasty. They were crisp and well seasoned. All in all, I don't understand the negative reviews. It's not a 5* restaurant, but it doesn't claim to be.

• Visited June 2012

Lakewood, Ohio
“Great atmosphere...even better food!”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

If you want a very comfortable and cool atmosphere, this is the place for you. The tastes and flavors are unlike any I have every tasted and are served hot. The place is very clean, kid and family friendly and the staff is very accomodating.

• Visited July 2012
Lakewood
“Bait and Switch”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This was our 3rd trip to Jammy Buggars and the service seems to get worse by the visit, last week we arrived at 5:45 for the burger special at priced at half off between 4pm and 6pm, the service was so slow that by the time she placed the order it was after 6pm we did not know it until our check came at full price all we got was" oh you did not order until after 6pm". I paid the bill at full price and thought good job at telling the consumer one price and then charging full retail I thought I was at a car dealership.

PS I won't be going back, I can get a frozen re-hydrated burger anywhere for $ 14.00 and it may actually taste good.

Hudson, Ohio
“Did not live up to the hype”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

The Cleveland Magazine recently published it's restaurant issue and after pouring through the reviews, my husband and I knew that we wanted to try the new "it" restaurant, Jammy Buggars. Living on the east side of Cleveland, we weren't sure when we would have the opportunity to check out what was being touted as THE place to have great beer, excellent burgers and was also family friendly. The beer selection seemed OK, except every one we asked for as "just kicked" as our server was fond of saying. I think we found one that was still available by our fourth pick. The burgers were mediocre at best. I mean, it was a burger, it was edible, but it wasn't B-Spot, it wasn't Flip-side, it wasn't even Red Robin. I saw several woman having salads, but having looked for that section on the menu and not seeing it, I'm not sure if I just missed it or if they were only available to those "in the know". Bottom line? I'm glad I crossed it off the list and I'll be a little more careful in listening to Cleveland Magazine for their restaurant recommendations. If you're in Lakewood, there are just way better places to try. Need suggestions? Deagan's, Melt, or Buckeye Beer Engine will leave you much more satisfied.

Cleveland, Ohio
“Great Burger and Good Beer Selection”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I went to Jammy Buggars based on the recommendation from Cleveland Magazine and I was happy with the choice. The menu looked like it was full of interesting and tasty food, but I went their for the burger. The Pizza Delivery Burger was very good. It was nice to be able to order a medium-rare burger and have it served that way. The peperoni, marinara, and fresh mozzarella was a nice change up to the average burger as well. I was there at happy hour, so $6 was a good price for the meal. I think the list price of $12 is a little steep for a burger, but I lucked out being there before 6. The fries were abundant, but the homemade chips were a treat. The service was also friendly and prompt.

Overall, I'll definitely go back to Jammy Buggars. The Buckeye Beer Engine, however, is still the best burger in Cleveland.