“Great Greek food at great prices”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Greek Village Grille
Ranked #69 of 144 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed March 2, 2012

When you walk into the little shop next to a gas station, the first thing you notice is the welcoming smiles greeting you. The second thing you notice is the big spits of meat - lamb, beef, pork - and the smell of spices and sizzling fat that combine to make a carnivore's mouth water. (Don't worry, vegetarians, there's plenty on the menu for you!)
The gyros are large, with lots of real meat, seasoned well, and topped with fresh vegetables and a homemade tzatziki sauce, on a tender and chewy pita. The prices are reasonable, almost in the cheap range, and the portions are large.
They have delivery, too, which has always been prompt and courteous.
Greek Village is always my choice when I'm craving Greek food.

2  Thank NorthCoastTraveller

Reviewed February 3, 2012

My wife and I stopped here on a visit to Cleveland since it had been a while since we've had a gyro, and because of the decent online reviews this restaurant had. My wife got the authentic Greek gyro (with pork) and I had the American version (with lamb). This was the first time I had heard of a restaurant serving a gyro with pork, so I was very curious as to how it would taste. My taste buds were exploding with delight when I took a bite of the Greek gyro! The flavors were wonderful, and the meat was tender and juicy! The American gryo was just as delicious. Nice thick pieces of tender juicy lamb, not the thin dry slices of lamb that you get at your typical restaurant that serves gyros. If you're in the Cleveland area and are in the mood for a gyro, I highly recommend you swing by Lakewood and give Greek Village Grille a try. You won't be disappointed!

*Note - Visited restaurant in 2010, but was unable to select that date for the review. :)