“Best Breads In Town”

Blackbird Baking Company
Ranked #1 of 5 Bakeries in Lakewood
Description: Conveniently located on the corner of Sloane and Detroit on the Lakewood/Rocky River border, Blackbird Baking Company specializes in European style hearth-baked breads such as French baguettes, ciabatta, focaccia, and a variety of levains; also famous for our rustic pastries such as croissants, sticky buns and scones. As a compliment to our baked goods we offer coffee, tea, and a traditional espresso menu. Everything made on-site, by hand and from scratch, and baked fresh every day. Lots of seating and free Wi-Fi! Locally owned and operated.
Bay Village, Ohio
“Best Breads In Town”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Best artisan breads in town, simular to the breads I have had throughout europe. Nice open bakery where you can watch the breads being shaped, and baked. They've mastered the Bagette with a flavorful, crusty, chewey outside, and a soft airy inside. Did I mention the light flakey croissants filled with numerous fillings. Oh yes cookies too.

• Visited March 2012
3 Thank meeko-rtw

“Nice and wholesome.”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Very friendly coffee & bakery shop. Wi-Fi Internet cafe. The bread is fresh and homemade daily. Various varieties. You can sit and chat with friends over coffee, scones, cookies. The staff is very nice. It's open early and after 5pm all the bakery and what not is half price!!

1 Thank Mariastella2116
Rocky River, Ohio
“Best Bakery in Cleveland”
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Blackbird opened about a year ago, and right away it became a part of my normal routine, unfortunately for my waistline. This is quite simply the best bakery in Cleveland. Blackbird has gotten some press locally about their pecan rolls, which are made with croissant dough and are quite good, but are just one among the many amazing baked goods they make. Hands down my favorite morning treat is one of their scones, either the cranberry or the cherry - and it's probably a sad comment that I know by heart the days they offer those flavors (I avoid currant scone day, not being a fan of currants at all). The scones you typically find in coffeehouses give scones a bad name, but these are simply amazing. And I normally avoid ordering croissants most places, as the ones you often seem to find are doughy or tasteless. These are so buttery, flaky, and full of flavor, I don't mind when I look down at my shirt after eating one and discover I am covered in crumbs. My favorite are the apricot and raspberry jam filled croissants, although I also really like the almond cream as well. And their cookies are ridiculous, they are so yummy - my favorites are the chocolate chip with the sea salt on top, their moist peanut butter cookies, and the cranberry oat. Sometimes Blackbird will also offer seasonal flavors in their bakery, such as their pumpkin pecan cookies in the Fall, also excellent. Brownies, coconut macaroons, jammers, apple galettes, I have tried every pastry and cookie they make and everything is wonderful. I'll bring a box of their baked goods to work or a party, and it all just gets demolished. Blackbird has been an excellent addition to the West side, and every friend I have recommended the place to that has tried it became a regular as well. If you have not been there yet, it's a must!

• Visited June 2011