“Neighborhood restaurant with great food”

Deagan's Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #13 of 150 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Deagan's Kitchen & Bar is a chef-driven gastropub that features 28 craft beers on draft and over 70 craft beers in the bottle.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Just a hop, skip and jump from my home, Deagan's serves great food and has a good atmosphere for meeting with friends. They have a small menu but they do it right. Had the Salmon one visit with a "Creme Brulette" flavored bear and a steak with a chocolate stout the second visit. All was good!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stop on our way to downtown Cleveland. Service was good. We had a kale and fresh fruit salad. It was nice and crisp. It was so big I was full by the time I finished eating.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Deagan's was once a reliable, casual spot with great food. It also used to be packed with diners. Sadly, we now have found it nearly empty, and the food is just not that good. The menu still *looks* good, but the quality of the preparation and the creativity is just not there. Run of the mill and overpriced is how I would describe Deagan's now.

My wife and I noticed a change for the worse in the kitchen many months ago. We hoped things would improve, but they have not. Our last visit to Deagan's occurred this weekend. A couple of beers and uninspired appetizers turned up a bill over $50. What's more, the place was nearly empty and had no energy. The food was very disappointing. My six chicken wings were drenched in uninspired bbq sauce and came with an $8 price tag. A small, similarly drenched salad was also $8. The service and soup were bright spots, but they won't bring us back to Deagan's.

2  Thank Mr_Picnic
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Any meal here and the Scrimshaw beer will be excellent. This is a great local Lakewood bar with a fantastic atmosphere and great service. The short ribs are fabulous but the wings are even better! I haven't had anything that didn't taste delicious!

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I had the lamb shoulder with polenta, good, needed more flavor; hubbie had halibut with peas, fresh and tasty; kids had Mac and Cheese and Fish and Chips, average. Super service and classic west side feel.